atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BuzzStPoint Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 07:48 AM
Need a bit of help here.

SX200 with superconsole 1000

I'm trying to set up the abbreviated Dialing.

I follow the instructins to set the dialing.
It seems to save fine in the console.
But how do we use it?

Am i wrong here:
Set the dialed number (555-5555) to 355
Index number to 355 = 955555555
save

Extentions should be able to press 355 and it should dial 555-5555 right?
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 08:26 AM
Go to Form 2 and check for the access code for abbreviated dialing. Prefix the index number with the access code and the number will dial out. Also check that the stations trying to use abbreviated dialing are enabled for that in their COS.
Looked and that code is 55

Just tried it.
set it to index 900

So we have to put in 55900 to have it dial out.

Here's another problem we have now.

A call comes in, if we are busy we need to transfer to this Abbr dialed number.
But it doesn't allow us to release the console.

Only the console and the new number will be connected not the caller who called in.
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 09:17 AM
Check that you can call the desired number from the console using Abbreviated Dial; be sure the number is programmed with an ARS prefix for trunk access.

Check in Form 3 that the Console's COS has Opt 313 enabled to allow trunk to trunk connection.

Check in Form 30 that the trunks are allowed interconnection.
Ok, here's what I checked.
Form 2 access code is 55
Set ABBR index number 900 to 9340-91xx(xx replaced with the real numbers) Also not sure what you mean by the ARS prefix

Form 3 opt 313 is enabled
Form 30 - Not sure what I'm looking at there.
a block of 03-08 are disabled, all other are enabled

From console I can press 55900 and it will dial the outside line and we can talk.
Call can come in, we try to transfer to 55900 and only the console will connect, the other caller is left on hold.
When the abbr number disconnects, the call is restored back to the orgianl caller.
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 09:57 AM
Form 30 controls the interconnection of different resources. Press <REVIEW> to see the list of device types. The default disallows interconnection of trunks so you have to enable them if you want to make a transfer/release to another trunk. For example, if all your trunks are Loop Start you just go to the intersection of 3&3 and enable this connection. If your trunks are of mixed types, you'd have to allow the different combinations required.
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 09:58 AM
Sorry... second sentence should say "Press REVIEW to see the list of device types."
Ok, I understand that.

Now the question would be, How do I find out what type of trunks I have?
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 11:15 AM
Butt in at the MDF on the trunks in question. If you can pull dial tone by going offhook, they're Loop Start. If you have to touch a ground lead to the Tip side to draw dial tone, they're ground start.
Ok, let me see if I'm on the right track.

I call the abbr number from the console. it shows:
DST Trunk trk23 COS 1 COR 00

Am I correct to assume thats trunk 23.

So I go to Form 30 look at 23 & 03 and enable that?
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 11:45 AM
In Form 30, get your cursor at the intersection of Row 3 and Column 3. There will probably be a * at that point. If you enable at that point, you're allowing Loop Start trunks to interconnect. If you drop down to Row 4 and Column 3 and press enable, you're allowing Loop Start and Ground Start trunks to interconnect. The numbers represent types of resources, not specific trunk or station numbers.
Posted By: johnp Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 05:05 PM
If you forward a phantom extension (all call) to the speed dial, you may be able to reduce the number of operator required dialed digits. You will need to enable option 21 in form 4 as well as everything Harry has been telling you.
Posted By: Dane Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/10/08 08:21 PM
From what you said I can pretty much assume that you do not have to worry about restricting TIE trunks from talking to Loop Start rtunks etc. so just make sure that all colums and rows from 1 to 6 have stars (*) in them. Also make sure that you have "Call forwarding external enabled" in the trunk Class of service and "Incoming to outgoing call forward" enabled in form 4. Also I would suggest that in the console class of service you enable all the trunk to trunk connect options - again so you don't have to worry about what kind of trunks you have. I have this kind of thing working in switches all over the place.
So far here's what has been done.

Added abbr dialing (559)
Enabled Form 03 Option 313
Form 4 Incoming to outgoing call forward
Form 3 Call Forwarding - External
Form 30 Options 1-6 Columns and rows enabled

When an outside caller calls, we try to transfer the call to "559" it will dial, but the console wont release. It will only be a call between the console and the 559 extension. The original caller will still be connected but can't speak with anyone. IF the cancel button is pressed on the console it will hangup on the 559 and the original caller.

Any other suggestions.
Posted By: Dane Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/18/08 01:43 PM
okay in form 3 make sure Call Forwarding External is Enabled in the CONSOLE Class Of Service and the COS of any other phone you want to be able to transfer the call. IN the same COSs also enable options, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 (because I don't know what kind of trunks you are dealing with there). It should be as simple as that if you have the other things enabled that you say you have enabled.
Thanks Dane.

We got the call to transfer.

I entered the COS for our cordless (night1) but that seems to have real problems transfering. It will only seem to transfer to external if the right speed and waiting is achieved.

But the main console will be fine.

Have a nice cold drink on me!
Posted By: Dane Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/19/08 11:27 AM
Glad it worked out. Thanks for letting us know. Not exactly sure what you are saying about the cordless phone. Does it transfer sometimes?
On the Superset we can set it to "Night1" this will ring a cordless phone instead of the console for the front desk incase they are away from the desk.

We can have it transfer like it's suppose to do from the console, But when it's on Night1 and a call comes in it will ring our cordless phone. When we try to transfer to the external from the cordless phone it seems real buggy. If the external call rings, just as the external number picks up it will ring back the cordless. So not that big of a deal. Our main concern was the console transfer.

Another thought I had here.
Since we didn't know which trucks, and enabled all of them in form 03 and 30, will this cause an issues with our normal service?
Posted By: Dane Re: Abbreviated Dialing Superconsole 1000 - 09/19/08 01:38 PM
Enabling all that will NOT cause you any problems with your trunks. The problem you are having with the cordless is basically the same problem that you were having with the console. Just make sure that 313-318 are enabled in the COS of cordless phone and it should be able to transfer as well.
Also, tell the users, after they flash and dial the external speed dial number, wait until they hear the far end start to ring, before they complete the transfer.
Should have figured that one our Dane.. But I switched the cordless COS to enabled the 313-318.

It wont send right, unless we wait till they hear the ringing.
Thanks to:
Harry
Dane
and Fifty!

It's now working just like we wanted to!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help