atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a 3300ICP, I need to take multiple DID numbers on a PRI and send it to a FAX server system that has 2 analog ports/lines and needs to know the number that was dialed.

caller dialed xxx-x500 call routes to an analog port which once answered pulses out 500
any ideas how to accomplish this task???
The obvious answer to me is you need to treat your fax server as if it were a voicemail and you could use inband integration to do this.
Couldn't you use system speedcalls with pauses?

IE - System speedcall 1234 calls ext 6000PPP1234, thus calling an analog port, waiting and dialing 1234?

Man if that actually works and it's that easy I'm gonna be one happy faxing camper this week!
Update - I haven't tried it yet but it allowed me to program it that way.
The easiest way to test is to connect a single line telephone to the port. When it rings, pick it up, and you should hear the 4 touch tones.
Thats exactly what I'm going to try - will test later today.
It worked!!!!
don't both parties hear the DTMF
I couldn't get the analog voicemail intergration to pulse out digits
I got it to work in a simular way using speed dials and ARS and analog trunk ports.
But this uses up 4 analog station and 2 LS trunks.
but your way is easier only using 2 analog ports and i dont have to worry about the LS trunks not disconnecting.

But with both methods- both parties hear the DTMF which may cause issues with incoming faxes.

Analog vmail intergration would be perfect, but I cant get it to pulse the digits and the help files are not helping
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 outpulsing digits to an analog port - 11/05/08 09:59 PM
Like Mitelguy says, setup an analog voicemail hunt group. Create phantom extensions, hunt groups or buttons on a fake phone with multiple pkm's and reroute the numbers always to the vm hunt group. Make sure the fax server answers on one ring. You cannot use speed dials that dial the vm hunt group as they won't tone out.
Thanks johnp!
i will try that tomorrow, I did not know that speed dials would not pulse out.
Thats the way to go!
Just curious - what's the big deal with hearing the DTMF? I've heard DTMF when being transferred on all sorts of phone systems, and have yet to see it affect any fax systems.
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 outpulsing digits to an analog port - 11/06/08 03:26 PM
I don't know if it's a big deal. I too have heard DTMF when being transferred in some systems.

I personally dislike hearing the tones. It makes me think that they have some lousy setup. That's just me. I think that it's better to not have them if possible. YMMV
OK, it did work both ways. But It fails lots of times with the Voicemail intergration because I cant figure out how to slow down the pulsing of DTMF.
As soon as the fax port goes of hook it pulses the digits to fast.
It works without fail with the speed dials because I can increase the pauses and delay the DTMF.
Can you delay the send time of the DTMF with analog voicemail intergration???
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 outpulsing digits to an analog port - 11/07/08 09:33 AM
You should see if there is a way to adjust the fax server time to listen for digits. The Mitel will tone out 1 sec after the server goes off hook and this timing is not changable.

This operation has been used for years reliably for voice mail operation as well as fax server applications.

I have never had this problem you are describing. You may also try to make the hunt group circular to see if it works better.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help