atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: orion3311 Mitel 5340 phones - "call me back" message - 12/04/08 11:13 AM
System - Mitel 3300Mxe w/all 5340 phones...

On our phones, we constantly get "call me back" message waiting lights. This is on top of the regular voicemail lights. Is there any way to disable this feature so the light just serves as a message waiting light? It's a real pain to have to keep clearing them. I'm hoping its something in COS.
Ok, to add to this, something got changed from how the system was originally configured. (most likely my fault). When I leave myself a voicemail, and I press the messaging button, it says "call me back?". It used to just call voicemail. Any ideas on what I screwed up?

It may be that I have DND turned on, but that shouldn't matter.
disable send message in COS
Tried that - it turns off "leave a message" but "call me back" stays on.

Actually I think the problem is my phone only for some odd reason - the voicemail button won't call voicemail, just always says "call me back".
Are you pressing the voicemail key without lifting the handset? or are you lifting the handset then pressing voicemail? If press voicemail key when you have a message without either lifting the handset or pressing the speaker button between the volume keys and mute you will see the message that says "call voicemail" ...erase....call....more.
HAH! Well I feel like an idiot now...I was pressing it with the handset on the hook. With our old phone system I'm used to one-handing it - pressing a speed dial, or VM key, etc, then picking up the receiver.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help