atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rbjdbkilla Problems with 5550 IP console - 12/09/08 09:07 AM
When I go to install the Console, I put in the IP of my ICP, and it finds it. But, it also finds the IP of our old ICP. Any suggestions on how to fix this? (the Console will not come up all the way, it keeps fighting between the ICP's it thinks it needs to connect to)
Posted By: unemployedmitelguy Re: Problems with 5550 IP console - 12/10/08 04:51 PM
Have you tried putting in a static ip, and have you tried to default ip settings within the console.
Posted By: SayWhat Re: Problems with 5550 IP console - 12/11/08 10:22 AM
Are you referring to the software or the actual console unit? I have a feeling that the software is seeing the ICP but when the phone device itself connects to the software it is overriding it. Are you in a VLAN environment? Multiple DHCP scopes or using LLDP to get your devices to connect?
Posted By: rbjdbkilla Re: Problems with 5550 IP console - 12/19/08 01:56 PM
Nope, we have one DHCP server, and the phones are in the VLAN 1, what happens is in the wizard on the PC, I put in the IP of the RTC, and then it finds it, but then also adds the IP that the RTC was years ago. So we end up with it thinking there are two, but in reality there is one. For now, I changed the config file, and made it read only, and it works, but it seems like a messy workaround.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help