atcomsystems.ca/forum
What is involved in networking 2 mitel sx200 icp's in order to be able to transfer calls between systems
To many ways. Back to Back via P2P T1s, E&M Trunks, Analog stations to trunks, SIP Trunks, Routers. Depends what you are planing to accomplish. One VM or individual for each system? Full Feature capabilities? Transfer only can be done to many different ways. So, please be specific.
It can be done either with t1 or pri, with analog networking, it is described in the documentation under analog networking, that part is free. Should you decide that you want network voicemail then I suggest reference the tsb on Mitel OnLine if your a registered user titled Centralized vcicemail it is also described in the technical documentation. Centralized voicemail can be done with either t1 trunks, pri or ip trunks, centralized voicemail is a purchasable option in form 04. IP trunks does not require that option, have fun.
Sorry about the lack of detail. I have 2 mitel sx200 icp in 2 different motels that are side by side and owned by the same owner. I have fiber running between the 2 buildings. he would like to be able to transfer calls between buildings.
If this is Motels then you have no T1s in the system, don't you? The best choice to run 2-4 Analog stations from each switch and connect them to available Trunks and use them for Transfer.
How about enabling IP trunks in each system, and utilizing the fiber network to handle the calls?
What is he trying to accomplish? Does he want to be able to transfer directly to extensions or guest rooms between properties? If he only needs to transfer between consoles just use external call transfering via speed dial and save yourself a lot of headaches.
He probably doesn't wants to use Lines.
Typically what prevents people from transferring from one pbx to another is that they have not programmed form 30 trunk to trunk connects.
So true, but remember that motels have a limited number of trunks, that are full of calls at certain times of the day. They cannot afford to dedicate 2 trunks (actually three if you consider the other motel) to a single call. What he wants is not going to be as cheap as the customer wants, and will probably never happen. But, what is the cheapest way to do it based on NOT using extra trunks. Do the motel 200's have unused trunk ports that can be connected to ONS ports on each other's 200? If not what is the cheapest way to do it? Keep in mind that the transport medium is Fiber, so whatever system is used will have to be either fiber compatible or an interface will be required at each end. Knee jerk, what about running a used Lite node off one of the 200s and set it in the other 200's equipment room. Used trunk card and ONS card and your done? Or, put an E&M card in the node and an E&M in the 200. Next? In case you haven't figured it out, I have 0 knowledge on the 200ICP John C.
The fiber's in place! There are SX200icp's on each side!
Enable IP trunks in each system ($100.00 ea), and you're done!!
What's the big deal?
I agree with fifty5footer if you have fiber between buildings buy the IP trunk Licenses;build your routes and you are done
thanks fifty5footer , that looks like the solution I am looking for.. I have not yet hooked up any ip the 200ICP as of yet. It typically is not needed in motels.
Most hotels don't need that feature, but it sounds like you have the perfect application. Let me know if you need getting it implemented.
Merry Christmas!
Just wondering why you would need ip licenses if you have fibre between the buildings, how far are the buildings apart, just use extended fims between the buildings. Managing a network at a hotel can be messy.
I called my mitel rep and they said that I had to purchase at least 1 ip trunk per system in order to accomplish what was recommended.

Thank you for your assistance and Happy Holidays.
I like UnemployedMitelGuy's idea. I'd stick a Per node on one end and connect them by FIM.

I can't think of any reason why you'd necessarily need a processor on both sides...
Sorry guys my mistake if its two hotel properties useing two peripheral nodes will not work, you will have to go the ip way, or t1 or pri.
I've seen two hotels, back to back, sharing one EL as a tenant system. And at one time, we were looking at a solution for a 5-hotel company that would have involved getting fiber across a few public streets... Unfortunately, there was not practical way to fiber across the streets.

eliminating Centrex lines alone woulda saved them a fortune.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help