atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jovian6691 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/11/09 11:16 AM
I am having difficulty with CPN substitution on an MXe controller version 8.0.7.16_2. I have entered the needed values in the "DID Ranges for CPN Substitution" form. The "CPN Substitution" form is still blank. The top half only has the option to change or clear but there is no record to change. If I click on "Add Member" in the lower half I get the error "ERROR: You must add a group before you can add a member."

I do have digital trunks using a dual framer. I am connecting the MXe to an Inter-Tel Axxess ver 11.012 via an E1 PRI. The E1 is working fine. Both internal and external calls are passing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance,
Jeff
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/11/09 02:05 PM
It should bring up a window to allow you the choice the index(es) you created. It may be a bug, but did you reboot the system to see if that helped?
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 06:13 AM
System Reset changes nothing. Since I have never seen these forms prior to this I have no reference. Mitel's knowledge base is poor at best.

I brought up the import spreadsheet to try to import the data. There are 3 forms in the spreadsheet; CPN Substitution, CPN Substitution->DID Ranges, and DID Ranges for CPN Substitution. My programming interface only shows 2 of the forms. I am missing the CPN Substitution->DID Ranges form.

Am I supposed to have this form?
Posted By: jimmyv Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 08:59 AM
I've never used it but for E1,

Outgoing Number Assignment
This form allows you to select the outgoing numbering plans for Euro ISDN Standard trunk variants provided by the embedded PRI/BRI functionality available on the 3300 ICP controller. To meet the specific ISDN requirements of a European region, you can select the Calling Number and Called Number parameters.
Note: This feature only applies to BRI or E1 interfaces running the Euro Standard protocol of the Euro ISDN variant.
Calling Number
For the calling number, you can set the Type of Number and Numbering Plan ID. When a Party Number Information Element is included in the outgoing SETUP message, this feature takes effect and the Type of Number and Numbering Plan Fields of the Calling Party Number will be set to the values programmed in this form.
Called Number
For the called number, you can set the Numbering Plan ID. This setting applies to outbound calls only. When a Called Party Number Information Element is included in the outgoing SETUP and INFO message, this feature will take effect and the Numbering Plan ID will be set to the value programmed in this form.

Controller Module System-generated, protected field. Identifies the module position (1-4) in the controller.
Port System-generated, protected field. Identifies the port (1 or 2) in the module.
Calling Number
Type of Number Set the Type of Number field to Unknown, International Number, National Number, Network Specific, or Subscriber. Default is Unknown.
Numbering Plan ID Set the Numbering Plan ID to Unknown, ISDN/Telephony, Data, Telex, National Standard, or Private. Default is ISDN/Telephony.
Called Number
Numbering Plan ID Set the Called Number - Number Plan ID to Unknown, ISDN/Telephony, Data, Telex, National Standard, or Private. Default is Unknown.
Selecting the Outgoing Numbering Plans
From the Selection menu, choose System Configuration.
Click Trunks, click Digital Trunks, then (depending on trunk type) click
ISDN-BRI or
ISDN-PRI and then click E1.
Click Outgoing Call Characteristics and then click Outgoing Number Assignment.
Note: The form only shows the links that are either PRI/E1 Euro ISDN/Euro Standard or BRI-T interfaces.
CAUTION: If you change the protocol variant in the Protocol Assignment form, the programming detail in this form will be deleted.
Select the Controller Module/Port of the trunk and click Change (or Change All).
Select the
Type of number
Calling Number Number Plan ID
Called Number Numbering Plan ID
Click Save.
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 12:45 PM
Thank you for the info, I have larger issues now. I tried to upgrade to 8.0 UR5. The upgrade failed claiming I had an invalid username password pair. That is B.S. because I never changed the default (yet). Now it will not even boot. I monitored via the console port. The boot stops waiting for external response to continue upgrade, or words to that effect. I can not find a way to clear this so it will just boot from the DB as is.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 12:48 PM
Do you have a valid backup? It maybe and invalid username pair for your ftp server. Verify this first. Other wise you may need to do a Boot_Install. You will need to connect with a terminal and interrupt the boot to change the ftp username and password
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 12:51 PM
I am not using an FTP server..... I was using the direct upload option. Now I can not get the installer to log in at all.
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 12:55 PM
What operating system does your pc have?
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 12:56 PM
XP SP2.
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 12:58 PM
Are the install files one your machine in C:\Inetpub\ftproot?
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 01:02 PM
No. but I did give the installer the path to the files. I will probably have to do the boot install. The installer can not log back into the controller. I am looking for the procedure now.
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 01:04 PM
You will need to setup ftp service on your pc
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 01:06 PM
I know I will for boot install. Is there a way to make the controller quit looking and just boot?
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 01:09 PM
I don't know if you can. you may try changing the boot parameters to either partition1 or partition4 and it might go back to an older version
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 01:15 PM
I guess I'll continue bashing my head in the morning. After 15 years with Inter-Tel products, Mitel, so far, makes absolutely no sense. I know I will get it eventually. So far all I have done is what the cert classes did not cover.

I do appreciate the help and will probably be asking more later.

Thank You,
Jeff
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 03/12/09 01:17 PM
Setup ftp on you machine tonight
Posted By: jovian6691 Re: 3300 MXe CPN Substitution - 04/03/09 11:59 AM
To all interested. Per Mitel Tech support; CPN substitution IS NOT supported over Q.sig trunks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help