atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fifty5footer T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/23/09 06:15 AM
We're looking at taking over service on an SX200ICP MX Controller, that has the T1/E1 Combo being used for a PRI connection. All of the docs say that part is only for the CX/CXi controllers. Everything seems to be working just fine.
Anyone ever set up an ICP that way?
Posted By: Dane Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/23/09 08:46 AM
Yep - I have many PRIs working on the T1/E1 module in the controller - Although the docs seem to indicate the module will support 2 PRIs I seem to remember finding out that on each module only one port can be assigned as a PRI - but PRI on the T1/E1 is definitely fine - and has the added benefit of being able to be programmed in the normal database instead of using IMAT
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/23/09 09:41 AM
Is the T1/E1 Module in an MX, or a CX. I've only seen the Dual PRI in the MX controller. They're definitely 2 seperate parts.
Posted By: Dane Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/23/09 09:48 AM
I have T1/E1 in MXs
Posted By: johnp Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/23/09 10:47 AM
I've never tried to put a combo in a MX. I suppose you would be on your own for support.
Posted By: Dane Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/23/09 10:59 AM
I don't think so the MX tech manual talks about it specifically
Posted By: johnp Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/23/09 12:40 PM
I'd like to know where? All the tech manuals I've read specify the dual T1/E1 framer for the MX and the T1 combo for the CX/CXi. Seems either can be used in the AX.
Posted By: Dane Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/24/09 10:36 AM
John,

You are right I was misreading you had said combo and that didn't register with me - so the docs do specify that module for CX or AX - so it's weird that it would be working since it also contains DSP resources on the card.
Posted By: johnp Re: T1/E1 Combo vs. Dual PRI Module - 07/26/09 10:42 PM
For sure this isn't a supported configuration. Although it's nice to know that this works, I would never put my customers at such risks.

I wonder if the DSP is recognized? Maybe it goes back to the earliest ISDN nodes having single T1 cards, software wise.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help