atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Joe Brown Softphone for Windows Mobile - 08/11/09 02:14 AM
Hi I am trying to find a softphone that will install on Windows Mobile 5 that will connect to a 3300 via WiFi as a Sip device.

We have Your Assistant softphones working on some desktops and have tried x-lite on some laptops.

I have tried Fring but Can't get it to register to the system.

Anything else to try????

Thanks
Joe
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: Softphone for Windows Mobile - 08/13/09 06:51 PM
A little searching will turn up x-lite for winmo.
I haven't tried it but it is out there...

Dave
Posted By: Joe Brown Re: Softphone for Windows Mobile - 08/14/09 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Canuckvoip:
A little searching will turn up x-lite for winmo.
I haven't tried it but it is out there...

Dave
Thanks for the reply. I have found this but it is not supported on windows mobile 5 or symbian. Not sure when they stopped developing it but Counterpath (the company that made x-lite) stopped developing it some years ago. They now have Bria. Which is effectivly what I am looking for. The only draw back to this is it requires a Gateway that connests between the 3300 and the softphone handsets and you have to pay for the licensing. It is no longer free.

I don't mind paying for the product if I know it is definatley going to work and I can sell this on to my customers. What I was hoping for was to find a free piece of software (like x-lite) that I could get working as a trial.

I find it hard to believe that I have found about 8 different softphones that I can download for free and connect to the 3300 from my laptop and get good results, but can't find 1 that will work on a mobile.

What I have found is softphones that will allow you to connect to someones SIP server that offer Voip calls i.e Skype, Fring, Nimbuzz etc. From what I can see all of these are designed to connect to specified servers.

The search continues.............
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help