atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John Cascio 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 09/30/09 09:49 AM
Hi all.

I'm new here - Dane used to be my go-to-guy for remote dialin support, etc. I'm still in shock that he is gone...

I'm trying to get an EZ Advangate Call A Matic PMS-Lite to work with a 3300. The output from the printer port seems to be formatted for printer output, rather than just raw data. EZ Advantage support said that I probably needed to turn Data Demux off, but they did not know how to do that on a 3300.

He said on an SX200, it was in form 4, option 15 (he thought).

I have looked everywhere, and can not find how to turn this off in the 3300. Any ideas?
Posted By: AKroger Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 09/30/09 10:56 AM
From 4 Option 15 is Data Demultiplexer, I cannot find any relevent info in the 3300 DOC's Are you using the printer port for PMS interface or SMDR

Please Advise
Posted By: jimmyv Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 09/30/09 11:28 AM
I would look at the data circuit descriptor and the application logical port assignment.
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 09/30/09 02:47 PM
Smells like red herring? :>)
Is the EZ system capable of getting the smdr via ethernet? If so, tell it to use the IP address of the 3300 port 1752.
Is the EZ setup for 3300 format?
Look in the 3300/administration/system options/smdr options. There may be something there to change. Go over what is enabled/disabled in that list with EZ support.

Dave
Posted By: John Cascio Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/05/09 03:07 PM
AKroger, I'm using the printer for SMDR.

JimmyV, this is the listing from the Application Logical Port Assignment:

Maintenance Logs Continuous
Software Logs Demand
SMDR Logs Continuous LPR1
Form Printouts Demand LPR1
Property Management System Input Port Dedicated
Property Management System Output Port Dedicated
Message Center Continuous
Hotel Motel Logs Port Continuous
Hotel Motel Report Port Continuous LPR1
Traffic Report Port Demand LPR1
Trunk Group Status Port Dedicated
ACD Report Port Dedicated
SMDA Port Demand LPR1
MNMS Input Port Dedicated
MNMS Output Port Dedicated
Unsolicited Data Transfer Input Port Dedicated
Unsolicited Data Transfer Output Port Dedicated

Not sure where to find the data circuit descriptor
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/05/09 03:33 PM
If the pms is looking for a priced call, you will need a device in between like a tel-electronics inn-form or xiox summa prophet.
Posted By: T Williams Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/05/09 04:21 PM
Johnp is absolutely correct. If you want to use the SMDR to post priced calls to the PMS, you need to first connect a call accounting system to the Mitel SMDR port. The CAS will have another serial port (output) which you will use to connect to the PMS's call accounting port. The raw SMDR data is of no use (not to mention the wrong format) to the PMS.

The 3300 will also have another serial port that will communicate directly with the PMS system. It uses this port when a guest checks in or out to assign the guest name to the room extension and to allow or deny local and/or long distance services.

You need make sure (on the 3300) which port is set up for interfacing the CAS and which port is set up for interfacing the PMS.
Posted By: TDS Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/05/09 07:51 PM
which pms system do you have.
choice advatage ,opera, hilton etc

the callamatic has seven predifined
in program 125 micros cas, holidex,hobic,checkinn,choice,encore etc.
Posted By: John Cascio Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/06/09 08:28 AM
I have the Opera side of things working well, at least as tested using program 130 on the callamatic. It is the interface between the 3300 and the callamatic that is giving me grief.

I have verified that I am getting smdr data, using hyperterminal, but there is something about the data format that is causing the callamatic to ignore the data.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/06/09 10:10 AM
FYI the DATA DEMUX was a Mitel black box that divided the W/U, M/W, SMDR, and Maintainance logs into 4 seperate data streams on 4 different outputs. It's input was from the printer port of the SX200 Analog. That's what caused its creation initially. A single digit at the beginning of each line of info indicates what kind of info it is. The DEMUX (Looks Basically like a Mitel OCC Dialer) reads and purges the digit, then sends it to the appropriate port. And the documentation claimed that it could output at any speed from 300-2400 baud, individually adjustable for each port. and could obviously be different from the input rate. WRONG. Speed in = Speed out. Been there, done that! Wasted 2 days, finally got through to one of 1 of the OOLLDD Mitel help techs who said there is no way to have different speeds.
Now then, I have NO idea if the 3300 has any provision for the DEMUX. BUT, with hyperterm, you should be able to see the identifiers that I referred to, if they are there. John C.
Posted By: TDS Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/07/09 05:30 PM
in program 103 of the call a matic select mitel
then ans detection no

in program 102 1200,8,n1

the printer port on 3300 set the same
if you set hyperterm 1200,8,n,1 and you dont see
data 3300 needs seting

hope this helps
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/08/09 01:52 PM
Hi all,
To the best of my knowledge the 3300 printer port will only handle smdr.
PMS integration for the 3300 and/or embedded voicemail can only be done via ethernet. In that case, if you have to get that info to a serial based device you need an ethernet to serial converter like a Precidia Ipocket.
The 3300 printer port will not handle PMS at all.
Therefore, I'm thinking there is no such thing as a data demux option...

Dave
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/08/09 02:59 PM
How about you fax or e-mail a few lines of SMDR to EZ so they can figure out what's wrong. It's probably not standard MITEL format and the EZ needs a couple of tweaks! One example, I don't believe the EZ/Mitel configuration can deal with 5 digit extension numbers. I assume the 3300 is capable of 5, which throws off the location of everything after the extension number by 1 character space. All the call accounting devices and software are dumb as a rock and cannot cope with ANY change in the data stream that is unexpected. Pretty much like any man-made thing. So far nothing man made can learn beyond it's PROGRAMMED capabilities.
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/08/09 09:13 PM
Good idea LH,
The 3300 is capable of 7 digit ext nums.
Also I agree with your synopsis on 3rd party gear.
Just because there is a Mitel option does not mean it works with 200D/200ML/EL/ICP/2000/3300 etc.
I ran into a CDR software that had 3 different 3300 software options and it depended on the way the 3300 smdr option were set! It would ignore the records until the correct setup on the 3300 was chosen along with the right CDR software choice.
Posted By: TDS Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/09/09 02:30 PM
I just started up my 3300 to see the smdr settings
& port output is 9600.8.n.2
now iam try to fig out where to change. duh
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 10/09/09 04:55 PM
System Port Assignment
Posted By: John Cascio Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 11/02/09 02:03 PM
Hi all. I'm sorry for the delay in updating this post. Turns out that the SMDR port on the new CallaMattic was bad. Once a replacement CallaMattic was sent, everything worked perfectly.

TDS, interesting that my 3300 shows it is set at 9600, 8 N 2, but it is actually working at 8,N,1. Weird.
Posted By: johnp Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 11/02/09 03:09 PM
John, good to hear you got it working. We all miss Dane around here frown
Posted By: John Cascio Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 12/15/09 09:52 AM
I also forgot to thank Fred, from Resale Systems for his very helpful phone support.

Thanks Fred!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 3300 SMDR Data Demux - 12/15/09 10:41 AM
John, I don't believe there is really a format of 8 N 2. So it would default to 8 N 1. It's 7 N 2. John C.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help