atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MP Telecom SX-20 (Clunker) - 10/29/09 10:47 AM
Here's a good one. I have an SX-20 that keeps showing talk path faults on every other talk path. I've changed out the misc. card with a good one, but still get the faults. When I disable all the odd talk paths, then I can take stations off-hook without dead air. This only leaves me with 6 talk paths. Any suggestions (Other than switching out the CPU)
GEN. 503-07 software is good.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-20 (Clunker) - 10/29/09 11:39 AM
This can be caused by a station card also, as I recall.
Posted By: apccommgrp Re: SX-20 (Clunker) - 10/29/09 01:33 PM
Bare with me its been a long time since I've done any work on a SX20. When you replaced the misc. card did you reuse the trunk modules? Does it have the trunk expander board with 2 trunk modules?

Do you hold your breath when you power it down?
Posted By: MP Telecom Re: SX-20 (Clunker) - 11/05/09 09:42 AM
Found the problem. It was the CPU. It would not report with diagnostics any CPU errors, but when I replaced it, "POOF" it worked just fine. Kept getting AL 41, AL 21,22, etc. nothing indicating the processor. Thanks for the reply's folks.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-20 (Clunker) - 11/05/09 05:22 PM
Probably should have suggested that you pull and reseat every card in the cabinet1st. You might be surprised if you re-install the CPU. frown Reason? The contact fingers in the card slots are old and tired and dirty. frown
Posted By: MP Telecom Re: SX-20 (Clunker) - 03/13/10 04:28 PM
The CPU was definitely bad.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help