atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Joe Brown Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 12:28 PM
Hii

Got a bit of a strange one here and Mitel support have no ideas so thought I would ask here

I have 2 systems in a cluster, both are 10.0.1.23, SDS is working fine, OPS Man is controlling the telephone directory and this is working fine, When I try and dial from one system to the other the phones display INVALID. I get the same results if I dial the CEID number then the extension. I have been through the programming numerous times and 99% sure its correct. I have even reinstalled the software on both controllers and set them up with no programming other than the cluster, IP trunks and 1 phone on each controller.

Any ideas???

Thanks
Joe
Posted By: AKroger Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 12:32 PM
a completed cluster should have the far end ext in the remote directory number, also is your ceid number in ars?
Posted By: Joe Brown Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 12:55 PM
Originally posted by AKroger:
a completed cluster should have the far end ext in the remote directory number, also is your ceid number in ars?
Yes to both. The CEID digits are in ARS and OPS Manager populated the telephone directory and the remote directory number forms.

I meant to add if I enter the maintanace command rmess verify pbx xxx lan from either system it connects and verifies. Also if I enter the command state x all it shows the link established.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 01:14 PM
OK your controllers and Ops is talking but it sounds like a dialing issue to me. INVALID - When does it give you an invalid? 1st digit 2nd or last ? What is your CEID and how is your ARS route programmed?
Also do your IP/XNET trunk profiles all have the same remote profile number? thats bit me in the past
Posted By: Joe Brown Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 01:34 PM
OK your controllers and Ops is talking but it sounds like a dialing issue to me. INVALID - When does it give you an invalid? 1st digit 2nd or last ? What is your CEID and how is your ARS route programmed?
Also do your IP/XNET trunk profiles all have the same remote profile number? thats bit me in the past
I get INVALID once I dial the last digit of a 5 digit extension number.

CEID Digits are 18101 and 18102, in ARS digits dialed this is followed by 5 digits and goes to route 11. This goes to IP/XNET Trunk Group 11 which has profile 1 which has Trunk Service Assignment 3.

They are all set to the same profile number.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 02:05 PM
In your other controller in your trunk service assignment are your digits to absorb set to 0
Posted By: Joe Brown Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 02:11 PM
In your other controller in your trunk service assignment are your digits to absorb set to 0
Yep
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/03/09 09:51 PM
Are both of these controllers in the same room/subnet or are they across an extended lan or wan?
If in the same room/subnet, are the L2 switch ports programmed the same?
If across a network, what about router programming?
Can you ping each controller from each controller/phone?
Posted By: Joe Brown Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/04/09 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Canuckvoip:
Are both of these controllers in the same room/subnet or are they across an extended lan or wan?
If in the same room/subnet, are the L2 switch ports programmed the same?
If across a network, what about router programming?
Can you ping each controller from each controller/phone?
Same Room and same subnet. Are you talknig about the L2 switch on the controllers or the network infrastructre?? If its the controllers then I haven't changed any of these settings other than assign them an IP address in the IP config form.

Yep, can ping beween them all. Even the the rmess verify pbx XXX Lan command shows it connect, verfiy and disconnect.

Thanks
Joe
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/04/09 06:48 PM
Sorry, yes meant the Network switch not the 3300.
Is there a Vlan?
Are the ports untagged?
If you had a cross over cable between the two controllers would it work? If not, one would think it was 3300 programming probs.
Posted By: Joe Brown Re: Problems dialling via IP trunks - 12/06/09 11:49 PM
Not sure how I fixed it but a complete new software install and reprogramme has sorted it. Thanks for the replies though.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help