atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: techsri Softkey programming - 01/06/10 03:15 AM
Hi All,

We have Mitel SX2000 installed at a site. One user wants a softkey of call pickup on his 4025 superset (On Premises Line) so that if any phone within his pickup group is ringing, he should be able to see this on his phone. Please let me know that how can I configure a softkey of call pickup on his phone. I am well aware of Avaya systems and I can do it easily in extension form but here I am not getting the option.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Softkey programming - 01/06/10 06:48 AM
I believe as long as all members are in the pick up group when a call is ringing at another ext when you go off hook the soft key will show pick up. press it and you have the first call that is ringing in the group. Make sure all the ext's are in the pick up group
Posted By: techsri Re: Softkey programming - 01/06/10 07:05 AM
Hi Alex,

I just want to know that how will I program that call pickup softkey on his extension (like we do in Avaya) on which he can see a call ringing within pickup group.
Posted By: techsri Re: Softkey programming - 01/06/10 07:30 AM
let me be more precise... He can pickup the calls by using call pickup feature access code. Actually all members of pickup group do not site near to each other. Their desks are far from each other so they can not always find if there is any phone ringing within their pickup group. Can we program any key which can indicate that any phone within pickup group is ringing? Or they need to sit near to each other to use call pickup.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Softkey programming - 01/06/10 08:40 AM
I am not sure if there is a visual indicator to let you know that a group member is ringing as a group pickup soft key. If you need visual indicators of members outside of the immediate area you could look into DSS/BLF keys but that uses up keys on the phone. What software level are you running?
Posted By: jimmyv Re: Softkey programming - 01/06/10 09:46 AM
If there are only a few in his group, you could do the dss/blf option. You could also program a common multicall line on all of the phones (in the group) and fwd or reroute busy/na calls to it, then you could have visual and ring notification and some caller info.
Posted By: johnp Re: Softkey programming - 01/06/10 02:09 PM
I think, Jimmy has got your answer. I have never been a fan of picking up an individual's call. If there is something common, ring it to a multiple on all phones and handle it as needed.

I just can't see the case for a call to an individual, being answered by somebody they weren't calling. I'd likely ask the answerer to put me through to their voicemail.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help