atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jimmyv 2K Forward External CID Block - 01/12/10 06:23 AM
On a 2K LW 34, how do I prevent the incoming Caller ID from being sent out when a call is forwarded or rerouted externally? I still wish to maintain the outgoing station CID. The incoming and outgoing PRI’s are in a different COS.
Posted By: johnp Re: 2K Forward External CID Block - 01/13/10 02:50 PM
I don't know if you can send the the station CID. I did see that there is an imat option Replace External CLID that will send the default from what I read.
Posted By: jimmyv Re: 2K Forward External CID Block - 01/14/10 08:30 AM
John,

Thanks, I was trying to do this in the COS but was unsuccessful. I didn’t think it was in IMAT, I looked at the database with an older version that didn’t have it… With IMAT 7.7, I just have to upgrade to NSU 1.6 or 1.7.

While at the Mitel site, I found Knowledge base 07-5191-00080 “Incoming caller ID is maintained on outbound PRI calls.” In
l 8.0, "Replace External CLID" option can be enable in available in IMAT -> PRI Link Characteristics or in Protocol Assignment for embedded module. This option will allow default CPN to be sent.

Result #2 explains a few other issues I have encountered at some sites.

Result 1:
If the inbound caller ID is in the same area of the outbound PRI call, the call will proceed but the PRI telco may charge the call to the inbound caller ID.

Result 2:
If the inbound caller ID is not within the same Exchange as the outbound PRI call, the PRI telco will reject the call.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help