atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mohan SX-20 Console Problem - 02/01/10 08:25 AM
My console station can't get any dialtone or any display on LED. Act like keys are sticking. Nothing happen when keys are press on console. I have made sure that keys are not sticking.There is only one dot LED light up were clock is located. I have reseated the both line card and MISC card and also made sure all connector are tight. Can anyone help what is the problem with or do I need to do factory default on it. Please help me
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/01/10 08:43 AM
There are connectors on both the underside of the console, AND inside the cabinet right next to the fan. Check those. And try moving the handset to the jack on the other side of the console. ALSO, if you do not have the correct handset on the console, the console WILL NOT work! When did this start? Overnight, suddenly, or did it slowly get worse and worse.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/01/10 08:44 AM
Have you checked the handset connections? The 1 LED indicates the console is powered down which it will do if the handset us unplugged or has a bad connection.
Posted By: Mohan Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/01/10 11:03 AM
Thank you to both of you for fast reply.The connection on console and also at PBX console card are good. This problem started slowly. 1st it lost time then even when headset was plugged in it auto went to night service. Then ring started losing. It took 5 to 6 rings to hear the 1st ring on console and when phone answers the conversation will drop. Finally nothing now.
Posted By: reataylor Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/01/10 11:53 AM
The one dot does point to a bad handset connector, but with all the other problems you are mentioning and the fact the system has not been supported in decades, it sounds like time for a new system.
Posted By: Mohan Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/01/10 05:08 PM
Should I try default reset ?
Posted By: Mohan Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/02/10 03:33 AM
If I try to get new system which Mitel system I would go for that will work with existing analog wiring and phone. I have a motel that needs 24 extensions and one front desk console. Two incoming line and would like auto attendance on line.
Posted By: johnp Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/02/10 06:36 AM
There is an upgrade program to a 200ICP-MX with a Per Node. The size of your system may actually price out less, as a total rip.

Have your vendor price it out both ways.
Posted By: reataylor Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/02/10 07:14 AM
I suggest going to a CMP Phonesuite. Mitel has abandoned the small motel owner, trying to sell IP solutions when I you need is 24 analog ports and a couple incoming lines and the ability to set a wakeup call. Phonesuite prices in at less than a half of a new Mitel and I've had them in the field for 8 years without one problem. They're simple, They're functional, and they're relatively cheap.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: SX-20 Console Problem - 02/02/10 07:17 AM
Don't forget about looking at a refurbished ML system! Very affordable, very available, and I know JUST where to get one!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help