atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jroyle SX200 ICP Database - 02/01/10 09:16 AM
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask this here but I'm new to phone systems and have been asked to setup an SX200 ICP for our hotel and need help. I'm looking for a database for an SX200 ICP with the hospitality package that I may be able to download and edit the few things that need changed. I'm not sure how well this will work but I figure I will give it a try. Being new to this I think it would save me a huge amount of time if someone could help.

Thanks and sorry if this is not an appropriate question. I'm not sure about the etiquette for things like this.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: SX200 ICP Database - 02/01/10 09:25 AM
If you have not worked on PBXs before do yourself a favor and contact a local dealer. It will cost you some $ but save you a lot in time and headaches.
Posted By: jroyle Re: SX200 ICP Database - 02/01/10 09:48 AM
Thanks for the reply Steve. Unfortunately for me, my boss is absoutly aginst spending any money on this. (Small hotel/bad economy) I see it as a learning experience with a due date.

Can you tell me if this is a vaild question to ask of someone even?

Thanks again,
Posted By: johnp Re: SX200 ICP Database - 02/01/10 01:00 PM
I don't think your question is within the scope of this forum.
Posted By: MnDave Re: SX200 ICP Database - 02/02/10 08:32 AM
Does your boss also do his own automotive repairs to save money? Even in this forum, many of us have years of experience but just because we are trained on one system doesn't mean that we can transfer that knowledge over to another system. since you are starting at ground zero, your boss is being unrealistic. If he wants to pay you to try, that's one thing but if he expects guaranteed results, good luck.
Posted By: jimmyv Re: SX200 ICP Database - 02/02/10 11:34 AM
Where did the system come from? Do you have a MOSS sheet? Do you have the passwords? You won’t be able to download a database; an installer may have one he could start with. As mentioned, a dealer is the way to go. Toll fraud alone could wipe out any savings you hope to see… A qualified tech knows the best way to setup a database.
Posted By: jroyle Re: SX200 ICP Database - 02/24/10 09:20 AM
Hello all,
I got the system setup however when I try to view SMDR through telnet it gives me a message saying "Check Printout for Possible Data Loss". Any ideas?
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: SX200 ICP Database - 02/24/10 09:36 AM
SMDR comes out one record at a time, after a call is completed. There's no history stored. The reponse your getting means you've reconnected to the ethernet. Stay connected, and then make some calls. By the way, I'd make sure I could monitor it in maintenance first, the try to see it on the ethernet port.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help