atcomsystems.ca/forum
Not sure best place to post this but will try Intertel forum as well.
I am trying to get a Mitel 5000 connected to a Nortel option 81 via a T1/E1 module on the 5000 to a Dual Pri on the Nortel.
I can make a call from the 5000 to the Nortel but there is no speech and then the call drops.
I have a Nortel engineer available but he is running out of ideas. The Nortel card is set as master/Tie line/euro.
Any ideas out there as to why we can't get the two 'talking'?
I have had this working using a Westel converter to do pri to QSig. However, If you are doing Pri to Pri, then all the settings will have to be done on the Nortel, as there is very little that can be changed on the Intertel.
Can the Nortel be set to anything other than Tie line? The Intertel is expecting to be connected to the public network. Can the Nortel be set as A end, be the clock master , and be set for exclusive channel selection? selection
I don't think the Nortel can be set up as you said. When we first tried to get this working a local company we use for any Nortel scenarios thought that the above set up would be possible but have since back tracked. I took a 5000 down to their offices and tried to get it working and the engineer suggested the TIE line set up which had the above consequences. Have got 5000's working with Mitel 3300's and Alcatel Oxe's but it seems the Nortel will not work.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help