atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BuzzStPoint Prophet H programing - 03/15/10 10:38 AM
Sorry if this is out of place.

We have a Prophet H call accounting.
I'm trying to understand the rate table programing.

For example. Our home area is area code 715. So the prefix numbers are in "Rate Table 2" So any local calls I enter the prefix number then drop?

But lets say someone calls out of state. Lets say Minn. at the area code of 218. Is this assigned in Rate Table 1? If I put in 218, along with most area codes it's comes up as 0.26

Or am I missing something else here.
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Prophet H programing - 03/15/10 07:17 PM
It has been a while, i'll have to check my old notes, when did you last update tables?
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Prophet H programing - 03/15/10 07:21 PM
Sounds right .... my old notes are at the office for Xiox Prophet H.
Are you trying to modify the rate for all out of state long distance? or selective?
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Prophet H programing - 03/15/10 08:09 PM
found some notes ... emailed web address for atcomm.
table 1 - NPA table
table 2 - local area code table
table 3-6 - adj area codes table
table 7 - international codes table
Posted By: BuzzStPoint Re: Prophet H programing - 03/16/10 05:56 AM
I did get your email. Thanks. I was there before and downloaded the install/manual for the ProphetH. But it doesn't read very easy.

I just went though yesterday and added a bunch of area codes. From the old note by the phone system, the area code changes haven't been done since '04 which sounds about right to me. I dont remember calling anyone to look at this unit for a long time.

For example, out an of state area code like 218 is set at .26 in rate table 1 . So does that mean they are only getting charged 26 cents per minute?

To clarify, we charge 2 rates in the hotel. One for international, and one for long distance. So if you called out of our area code, it's the same as calling out of state. That's the way I understand it to be.
I don't get to look at the front desk billing so I'm not sure.
Posted By: TECHarry Re: Prophet H programing - 05/15/10 10:16 AM
The 0.26 entry at 218 in Table #1 is the cost basis per minute for a 1-218-xxx-xxxx call. The 001-199 entries will be where you have control of markup, grace period, per-call surcharge, tax rate, etc. The Prophet H will take that cost basis, multiply it by the markup factor, add the surcharge, and then the tax. The total is what's reported to the printer or to the PMS if interfaces. The back of the manual has a worksheet for calculating this.

Each table has some controls that are specific to itself and Table 1 has some that are system wide. Don't assume that the International table is the last one. Lots of boxes are loaded with International in Table #3. I think the entry in 011 of Table #1 will point you to the International table.

Good luck,
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help