atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: johnp SX2000 with winch alarm - 07/11/10 09:55 PM
So this customer took care of their system, but were never shown how to do a backup. I never did one when servicing, since they did the above and I wasn't the original vendor(figured they had it covered).

Anyways, this is a redundant control with only one processor and they don't have redundant option. The system is operating on this bad drive, and when fully up you cannot access forms.

Forms can be accessed right after the screen comes up on reboot. Thinking maybe only bad in the logs area. The backup thay have is for a 5 cabinet system without their dsu node.

To shorten this saga, what do you all think about trying a backup immediately?
Posted By: jimmyv Re: SX2000 with winch alarm - 07/12/10 06:45 AM
You’ll have to try it. Also do a dbms check and see if what errors you get there. I had one that errors prevented a backup; going into the form the errors were apparent… deleted them, backup worked. Your situation sounds worse, what is the error message and how old is that backup? You may have to get into and print out (to a file) each form and rebuild.
Posted By: mingo1964 Re: SX2000 with winch alarm - 07/12/10 01:16 PM
Hard drive is probably shot.Type in mss in maint.See how many soft errors and hard errors there is.Make sure you have the moss sheet if you need to replace the harddrive in it.
Posted By: johnp Re: SX2000 with winch alarm - 07/14/10 10:26 PM
Just a little follow up. I ended up loading a new drive with their software level in the office in an identical control cabinet and adjusting the dimensions to match theirs.

While I was unsuccessful in doing a data save, I did manage to get a dbms save to rsd after one got boot.

Took their decryption module to the back up machine and did a dbms download. After doing a dbms and data save, moved the hard drive and chip back to their system.

System is up and running with no dbms errors.
Posted By: jimmyv Re: SX2000 with winch alarm - 07/15/10 04:37 AM
Excellent! Something to cut and paste into the tech handbook; with the age of some of these machines we will be seeing more of this. Thanks for the update.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help