atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: deadwalleye MEM driving me nuts - 04/13/11 09:58 PM
I ordered 6 MEM cards from Mitel. Every one keeps rebooting over and over. Why do you think that is. I have in stalled them and a Mitel EL.
Posted By: jonmyk Re: MEM driving me nuts - 04/14/11 03:14 AM
All are rebooting in the same EL?

Make sure they are not in a slot past 4 other than that the obvious things... Make sure you have the correct COS options enabled, the right phone type but the last time I had a MEM card keep rebooting it was a bad hard drive on the card. Don't think you would get 6 with bad hard drives though. Could be the MCC on the cabinet.

I also have had one reboot when I had it installed and then powered on the cabinet for the first time. I powered back down, pulled the MEM card, powered up the cabinet and then installed the card and it worked fine from there.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: MEM driving me nuts - 04/14/11 04:59 AM
Be sure you have the ALL (2, 4, 6, 8) of the DNI ports programmed first!
Also, at 9600 8n1, with a null cable, you can watch the MEM load, and see where they are failing. Feel free to contact us directly if you need any more assistance! Unlike Mitel, we still offer free tech support on those (and probably sell them for a lot less)!
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: MEM driving me nuts - 04/14/11 12:09 PM
When you power on the system and the card is in it will reboot until it sees that the ports are up and running. If the Bay Control has not finishe loading and seeing the cards then that will happen. Like 55 said, you have to have the ports programmed as 430S type for the correct number of ports of the MEM. I had one that I was told was a 4 port and thought it was bad until I programmed up 2 more ports and then it worked fine.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help