atcomsystems.ca/forum
I've got a customer who' T1 circuit is bing taken over by another vendor, the old vendor tells the new vendor they have no records of how the circuit is configured. (I'm getting up in age) But I think I remember having to connect to the T1 card in order to program digits received and to what extensions they were going to. Hopefully this will show me more information as to how the circuit is configured. I cannot remember how I did this, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: johnp Re: SX 200 EL Connect and Configure T1 card - 04/20/11 12:47 PM
You should be able to determine if any manipulation is being done in form 15.
You can also look at the descriptor tables to see if it's D4/AMI or B8ZS/ESF (or B8ZS/SF).
Monterey Bay Inn 714

I know where to go to change my T1 to be B8ZS/ESF currently it is D4/AMI. I thought I remembered if the T1 card was in slot 11 you could connect to the T1 via J11 DB9 to my laptop, that was a long time ago.

Regina
J11 is used to connect to a PRI card in slot 11 with a serial connection. Has no effect on a T1 card which is programmed through normal CDE. The standard T1 cards do not support ESF/B8ZS protocol.
I'm on site and in programming CDE form 15 my expected digits (N) is four and the absorbed digits (M) is 2 and digits and (X) maximum number of digits to be inserted before the digit string is An * Not sure how I'm changing the number received to get to my extension? My DID #'s are 304-225-2330 thru 2349, Me extension #'s are 4452 (which DID # is 225-2330, 4352 (225-2331) 4120 (225-2332), 2998 (225-2345) etc.
The only way to do what seems to be happening is to go through the Abbreviated Dial Table. The "*" is probably the Feature Code for the Abb. Dial table so that the * pluss the last 2 digits of the DID are then dialing the 4 digit extension.
That's a clever way to do it... *30 = 4452, etc...
Hey Guys

Want to say thanks to all of you, I'm going back on site Thursday, keep you all posted. Thanks Again!
Posted By: johnp Re: SX 200 EL Connect and Configure T1 card - 05/04/11 04:26 PM
I've done what Steve said many times to overcome poor DID planning
Hey Guys - Thanks for all your help everything went fine, sure is nice to to be able to go to a site and receive as much input as you guys give. Thanks Again
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help