atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bathcentre Setting up Night Service - 05/17/11 07:56 AM
Hi - new to Mitel and phone systems in general, but PC literate...

We have a Mitel 3300icp system with 30 extensions, 5212IP and similar.

We would like to set up a Night Service that would announce our opening hours and give callers the opportunity to dial direct to any voicemail box they know of, or leave a message at reception.

I've been able to switch the Night Service on or off, but it doesn't answer the phones or announce anything (I haven't set up any message anyway).

In the system I see business hours are recorded.

My question is, where can I find some step-by-step instructions for setting all this up? I've looked at sysadmin help pages, but they are not step-by-step and relevant stuff seems to be scattered over various sections. As I am not familiar with the terminology used, I cannot find what I need (assuming the info is in there somewhere).

Thanks
Posted By: bathcentre Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/17/11 08:39 AM
PS I don't know if it is relevant, but our calls are routed to reception, and call rerouting day, night1, night2, DND type, 1st Alt and 2nd Alt are 1, 1, 1, All, 1, 1 respectively.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/17/11 11:33 AM
In form 14, set the night1 answer points to the voicemail pilot. Also in form 19.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/17/11 12:22 PM
TG, he's got a 3300.
You need to re-route, always, for night 1, the destination access code of your incoming calls, to the access code of your voicemail hunt group. The setting for business hours controls whether the voicemail/auto-attendant will answer with the "day greeting" or the night/"Closed Greeting".
Posted By: bathcentre Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/18/11 04:17 AM
OK, thanks. How do I discover what the access code of our voicemail hunt group is? And what do I do with that code?

TIA
Posted By: bathcentre Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/23/11 01:31 AM
When I said 'step-by-step' I meant it... ;-)

I can find the routing table but don't know how to use it, basically.
Posted By: johnp Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/23/11 05:11 AM
That is beyond the scope of this board IMHO.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/23/11 06:54 AM
bathcentre, as johnp said, your needs are beyond the scope of this forum. The rule of thumb is tell the OP what, but not how. We can't provide the type of training you are going to require in this forum. Possibly, one of the correspondents will contact you via PM and arrange to talk you through your needs. Be prepared to pay for their knowledge and training. Sorry, John C.
Posted By: bathcentre Re: Setting up Night Service - 05/23/11 08:36 AM
Well, it doesn't surprise me... it's just that the instructions/help files given assume a lot of prior knowledge, or the time to study and experiment to sort it all out.

Thanks anyway.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help