atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: deadwalleye SX-200 ML - 07/08/11 10:37 AM
I have tried 3 different fax machines and tested all of the trunks. They are 50mV off hook and 30mV on hook. I cannot send or receive faxes on any line. Whenever i send i get a line error.

I have brought the Fax Machine to the D-Mark and still same issue. I think the mV that i am getting is within bell spec.

I'm stumped any ideas.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: SX-200 ML - 07/08/11 06:03 PM
Your trunks should be -48V DC offhook. ???

Do they have dial tone?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 ML - 07/09/11 11:56 AM
tg and deadwalleye. ON-HOOK should be 48VDC on a POTS line, 5-8VDC OFF-HOOK, with 20-30 ma of current.

The Mitel will be around 27-30VDC ON-HOOK, and 5-8 VDC OFF-HOOK with current of 20-30 ma.

Deadfish ( smile ), where and how are you measuring to get a reading of 30-50mv? IF you are checking the ON-HOOK voltage of a GROUND-START Trunk, it can be almost anything, when read with the typical high impedance meter available today. ON-HOOK ground start trunks are basically 2 wires that are not connected to anything. As a result, with no load, the voltage will be 2-10,000 volts (!), depending on what's around AND what the compass orientation and length of the feed cables are between the C.O. and your measuring location.

Also, check the accuracy of your meter. Note that 30-50 mv would indicate that you might have the meter set on AC voltage and that is the extraneous noise on the pair.

And I deleted your double post. Just part of the GREAT service we give around here. :toothy:
Posted By: TDS Re: SX-200 ML - 07/10/11 02:01 PM
Since this also at the d mark the co is most likey voip lines. Are they geting data & voice on the same box maybe. by the way who is the carrier.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: SX-200 ML - 07/11/11 09:12 AM
Try sending a fax internally (3 machines?)!
Posted By: deadwalleye Re: SX-200 ML - 07/11/11 01:33 PM
i know its a qwest issue. I was talking to them this morning and they have a soft switch system. They told me to try DSL filters but it doesn't work they basically told me to pound sand they don't guarantee data over the lines.

LH, I don't know why the double post. I did it on my mobile phone. Sorry and thanks for taking it off. I knew I was going to get in trouble smile
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-200 ML - 07/12/11 06:06 AM
Hey, I've done it, too. For me, it's been when the web was slow and I figured the 'mouse-click' didn't work.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help