atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jonmyk Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/10/11 01:29 PM
After being certified on the 3000 2 years ago I was going to quote one to a customer but remote programming is required. I seem to remember remote access is possible with S/W? but I'm not sure and I don't want to quote without verification.

I would also like anyone with experience using the S/W for remote access to let me know if there are any major pitfalls I should be aware of.

Have a call into Mitel Sales Engineering but have not heard back yet and the I&M manual for the 3000 is a little ambiguous on how it works.
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/11/11 04:26 PM
Yes, it has remote access. You call the customer and have them dial a code. The next call will be answered by the modem.
Posted By: jonmyk Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/11/11 07:12 PM
So no access without customer participation? As in after hours programming changes?
Posted By: AKroger Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/12/11 11:07 AM
What type of controller? LX doesnt have a WAN port, MXE has a WAN port, AX doesnt have a WAN port, I think the CXI does. MXE-the system needs a IP address for the WAN port and you can get directly in via the WEB or if its set up in the controller for PPOE you would need to set up a VPN into the controller. Or for the MXE,LX,AX and CXI you would need access to a PC on site that is attached on the controller network. I have used Gotomeeting, Gotomanage, Log me in, Join Me, Gotomy PC, Remote Desktop any of those would work.

Or if the system has a MAP attached its a little of the same or kind of what johnp states, it all depends on how it was set up.

PM sent
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/12/11 06:53 PM
"Yes, it has remote access. You call the customer and have them dial a code (721). The next call will be answered by the modem."

Or when the system is set up and initially programmed, you can enter the number your modem will be calling from under DIAGNOSTICS > REMOTE ACCESS AND FAULT REPORT NUMBERS > MAINTENANCE CENTER NUMBERS. As long as the customer subscribes to caller id, you will connect automatically.
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/14/11 06:25 PM
I was thinkling that it may be possible to hook up an ip to serial converter and a comport redirector. If so, you could point an ip port the the converter and as long as the redirector is using the same port it may work like a local connection.

If I get the chance, I'll try it on the bench.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/15/11 06:41 AM
I have the data base programming for all of my Mitel 3000 customers on my desktop computer. I remote program via the modem only as I don't have any customers with a broadband module attached. It has worked well.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/16/11 08:20 AM
My appologies I didnt read the post correctly i saw 3300 and not 3000. Sorry for the confusion

Alex
Posted By: AKroger Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/16/11 08:21 AM
Posted By: jonmyk Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/16/11 11:30 AM
Will be installing later this month, thanks for all the input. clap
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: Mitel 3000 remote programming? - 08/16/11 11:43 AM
Mitel has great 3000 tech support. I have found them to be very helpful. Short or no onhold time.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help