atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Mitel doorphone? - 09/01/11 04:19 PM
Client wants a video doorphone installed. I noticed their phone system was a Mitel (IP phones, not sure of the exact system) and suggested a doorphone with a separate IP cam.

Does Mitel make a doorphone that also has a release/controller?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mitel doorphone? - 09/01/11 04:41 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Viking door phone on a trunk port is the only way to go.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Mitel doorphone? - 09/01/11 04:43 PM
Hmm...clunky, but I guess that'll work. Why make an IP system with no IP doorphone capability?

Thank you.
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel doorphone? - 09/01/11 05:40 PM
You didn't metion what model of phone system they have. You need to find out.

I'd be more apt to use an ons port with positive disconnect for this solution, but it will depend on whats available in their system.

As to why someone would make an ip system without an ip doorphone, you don't see doorphones that often and from my experience they occur mostly in the key system market.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Mitel doorphone? - 09/01/11 07:12 PM
Doorphones are quite common here due to the number of hi-rise buildings (residential & commercial).

I'll find out which system they have tomorrow.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Mitel doorphone? - 09/02/11 05:17 PM
I visited the client today. The system appears to be hosted. There is no system on-site. The phones are Mitel 5330 IP Phones.

So...what does this mean for my doorphone idea?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Mitel doorphone? - 09/03/11 05:53 AM
Start with an analog IP adapter and then .............
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel doorphone? - 09/03/11 06:36 AM
Viking also has a device that will listen for tones and do the contact closure while still communicating with the party at the door
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help