atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Phil ICP w/ IP Console - 09/13/11 09:06 AM
Got a (remote) site that is having probelms with their IP console. WHen it boots up, only the boiler plate labels show up, and I couldn't get any of the keys to work at all. It will ring on an internal call, but you can't answer it from the console. I switched ports, but that didn't make any difference at all. And ideas out there?
Posted By: Phil Re: ICP w/ IP Console - 09/13/11 10:02 AM
Help me, PLEASE???? I am on site now!
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: ICP w/ IP Console - 09/13/11 11:11 AM
Okay, first, I'd check form 7. Make sure it's set up right. If it doesn't show in form 7, try it in form 9 first, then look in form 7.

Make sure that the LDNs are assigned properly, also.

Make sure that you have a good IP path. You may need to carry the console to the hub closest to the ICP and plug it in there: Does it come up?

Are all of the IP ranges correct? Are you in the right subnet? Is your PoE connected properly and getting power from the mains?
Posted By: Phil Re: ICP w/ IP Console - 09/13/11 11:21 AM
smile I should have mentioned that this console WAS working at one time. No sign of anything spilled onto or into it at all. So, the connection should be good. The console displays the correct sequence of booting up, so I know that the thing IS booting up, but after it gets its IP addy, you cannot use any of the buttons on it at all. :confused:
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: ICP w/ IP Console - 09/13/11 11:32 AM
I'd still check programming. It's possible that someone screwed around with it, or that the DHCP lease has been lost and didn't renew, or that the network range of IPs available has changed, etc.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: ICP w/ IP Console - 09/14/11 01:00 PM
I'd say it's simply a bad console! I think we have at least 3-4 that have failed recently!
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: ICP w/ IP Console - 09/14/11 01:37 PM
If it comes up with all of the infor on the screen I would check to make sure that there is not 1 button that is stuck down.
Posted By: AKroger Re: ICP w/ IP Console - 09/15/11 12:52 PM
I am with Steve try and turn it over and tickle the buttons it sounds to me like you could have a stuck button
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help