atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jbo Mitel SX-50 Alarm Code issue - 09/21/11 03:06 PM
I have a mitel sx-50 with an alarm of A 13 0044 then a date of course.

I know that the 13 means to check wiring and found some corrosion at the wall, I am going to replace with a new termination block and wall plate and new jumper to phone.

The problem is, with the phone disconnected even at the 66 block I am still getting the error. Wouldn't the error go away if I have the wires disconnected at the 66 block then clear the error at the console.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Posted By: jbo Re: Mitel SX-50 Alarm Code issue - 09/21/11 03:44 PM
After thinking about this on the way home from the customer location maybe I have this wrong.

Does the 44 refer to the ext or the 44 pair of the 55 for room ext?

the ext at this location are 120-175

btw, not a mitel tech here just a telco guy trying to solve a problem for a friend.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Mitel SX-50 Alarm Code issue - 09/21/11 06:26 PM
Definately some sort of wiring problem, alarm 13 is a ring ground problem, 044 refers to the physical connection in slot 3 circuit 12. Could also be a problem with the card itself. You may try isolating the problem by going straight to the MDF and seeing if you have clean dial tone on that port (with jumper pulled).
Posted By: jbo Re: Mitel SX-50 Alarm Code issue - 09/25/11 05:41 PM
Thank you, that worked perfectly. That line was is currently unused and found the wire cut, pulled the jumper and cleared the alarm and all is good now.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help