atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wdg57 SX200 Upgrade - 10/22/11 09:21 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to be upgrading a SX200ML to a new 200ICP. I have a few 200ICP's in the area that I maintain, though I've never installed one. There are no IP phones in the system. It's a system in a midsize hotel.
Is this a pretty smooth transition?
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/22/11 04:11 PM
If done properly, you should experience approx. 15 minutes of down time. Of course, things don't always go as planned, but on paper, it should be that uncomplicated!
Posted By: wdg57 Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/22/11 05:16 PM
Thanks for the reply fifty5footer. Never having done this before makes me a bit nervous. I have access to tech support (not Mitel). Where can I find the procedure in the documentation?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/22/11 05:31 PM
My first suggestion would be, so far as possible, to match the cabling on the old to the new.

For example, if you are using a per node (bay 2 on an ICP) I would try to match the cables to the eixiting config in the ML's bay one -- i.e. if J1 handles two analog cards on the ML Bay 1, match that on the ICP's first per node (Bay 2).

You cannot, repeat, cannot back up an ML database and upload it to an ICP -- don't try: You'll screw up the ICP. Do save the "printout" of the ML onto your laptop, and use it as a programming cut sheet in preparing the ICP's per nodes.

In general, it's a fairly easy transition. You should receive a Technician's Handbook with the ICP which should give you the info that you need.

MazelTov!
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/24/11 06:45 AM
On the CD that comes with the system, load up the technical docs (FOLIO) and search for "Migration Procedure"
BTW, not sure why 'telephoneguy' is not a fan of the EL/ML migration procedure?!?!?!
Posted By: wdg57 Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/24/11 07:27 PM
Thank you both for replying. I'll check the migration procedure out.
This forum has been very helpful.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/25/11 02:17 PM
Fred, I never knew that there was a migration procedure. I just know that if you try to load an ML database onto an ICP, it screws up the ICP.

A "Friendly local competitor" had made himself a ML/EL template database -- all the common options and setting tweaked to his normal install settings -- and he loaded it onto an ICP by mistake. Couldn't make the ICP boot properly after that.

and I understood that Mitel had stopped doing/supporting CDBAR. But if there's a CDBAR procedure, by all means, go for it.
Posted By: jonmyk Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/25/11 07:56 PM
Telephoneguy,

I have migrated to ICP via existing databases from ML & EL. If I remember correctly, you restore the database via Kermit and load the existing ML/EL database and it's converted. It has been a few years so I might have missed a step or two. Fred could probably tell you better.
Posted By: Earl Pearson Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/26/11 12:28 PM
Remember..... 200 ICP doesn't support datasets
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/26/11 02:44 PM
I sit corrected... I guess that could've been a faulty ICP to start with.
Posted By: johnp Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/26/11 06:35 PM
Doesn't mean they won't work smile
Posted By: wdg57 Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/29/11 04:40 PM
I did review the migration procedure. The backup is done via Kermit. I'm doing this on Monday morning. I'll let you guys know how it went.
Posted By: Mr.Telephone Man Re: SX200 Upgrade - 10/31/11 07:57 PM
The only thing with the SX200 EL Migration to sx200ICP is the Software on the sx200 EL must be upgraded to LW19 Q45 or higher first before you do the upgrade.
All older software revisions will corrupt the database.
The sx200ICP will automatically assign the IP bay to Bay 8.
Posted By: wdg57 Re: SX200 Upgrade - 11/01/11 06:47 PM
That was exactly my problem. The SW version was LW 17. Instead of upgrading that to LW 19, I decided to just program the MX controller the old fashioned way. There are less than 200 total extensions in the hotel. Thank god for range programming.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help