atcomsystems.ca/forum
Novice/End User needs help with programming SX-200 (Generic 217) system.

I have several phones I need to program. Addin one of them to an existing group of extensions that can pick calls if the receptionist is unavailable to do so.
Other tasks are probably more common but I am not certain how the logic or programming flow works exactly.

Would really appreciate any help offered.
PM sent!
Hi, 19j---94/Roland.

I see that you're with a Non-profit, so this may be a moot point... But the SX200 Analog is an ancient technology that hasn't been supported by Mitel itself for a couple decades. It's probably a late-80s/early 90s vintage. If it's at all possible, I'd suggest looking into an upgrade to at least a Mitel SX-200 EL (which would be around 2000 vintage or later).

I know, non-profits don't have the cash lying around, and work with donated older systems. Still, just some food for thought.

On the other hand, some of the posters here do still support the SX-200 analog.
I support analog sx-200's, have spare parts & customers under maint. contracts. I am not well liked in the area because I will not tell customers with old equipment who refuse to upgrade to 'take a hike'. Hotels these days just want to keep the old stuff running & I am happy to oblige. I support NEC 2400 IMS, Hitachi 5000 & of course any Mitel, even SX-20.
And that's fine. More power to you.

Most people I know have flat out stopped supporting the sx-20 just because they can't get parts, and when you do, they're used and sometimes questionable.

On the other hand, If you'd like an old sx-200 analog chassis with a full set of cards (condition unknown) and with intact power supply (condition unknown) I'll give it to for free... You come up and get it, and it's yours. No warranty, no promises, no gas money.

I will help you roll it out to your truck, though. PM if interested.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help