atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Shawane ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/26/11 04:28 PM
I have a Mitel 3300ICP running MCD v5 but the unit has IP sets and 5610 SIP Phones. The client would like to have button appearances for the incoming analog lines (yes POTS). They would also like to have the same buttons or alternate buttons act as direct CO line access without having to dial "9". So if they select the CO line button (i.e. Line 1) they can just dial the number of any outside caller. How would I complete this programming?
Posted By: johnp Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/26/11 06:23 PM
One has to ask why? same amount of key strokes

Look at dts programing
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/29/11 01:22 PM
I had something similar come up on an NEC once -- the customer didn't want to dial 9 for an outside line. He had told the salesman, but it wasn't until we finished the install and started training that he told us. The salesman said, "Oh, I didn't know that was a dealbreaker!"

So on that one, we redesigned the ARS and made it work. What a freaking mess!

First choice to do it on the Mitel would be "Direct Truck Select" or "Direct to ARS" buttons, as John mentioned.

If the prefixes for your area all start with a certain digit -- say, "4" -- you could go to form 2, and make "4" the local access code for speed-dials, and then in form 31 assign a speed dial 9+xxx for all the local COs... Customer dials 465-7890, 4=speed dial, 65= 9+465, and the remaining digits SHOULD get passed to the CO trunk, but that all depends on the trunk, the timing, and the customer.

You could also make "4" a leading digit in form 26, and then don't strip it in form 22 -- customer dials 4+65-7890, system outpulses 465-7890. You'll still need a leading 9 for 9+11 and 9+911 calls.

Easier way is just to explain to the customer that he's taking a Porsche and asking you to make it work like a Yugo.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/30/11 03:40 PM
He's got a 3300 not a 200ICP. You can put all the prefixes or area codes in ARS and it would work although any extensions that start with a leading digit would have a delay in ringing according to the "Dialing Conflict Timer".
Posted By: Shawane Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/31/11 06:56 AM
I know guys, it's hard to get the Key System mentality out of certain people's minds.

Thanks all for the psots.

Steve, so in essence, I were to set the ARS digits dialed with the area code or prefixes (i.e. 1+ 10 digits to follow; 4+ 6 digits to follow; 2+ 6digits to follow; etc.) then that would grant the access for dialing out without the Leading digit of "9" (or whatever number I woudl choose)? Taht woudl create an extensive list but would allow calls to numbers strating with this information. The leading digit form would be blanked out, to elimiante this feature. A DN would have to be created to represent each trunk needing the access (multicall or Key System?). Will that take care of outbound without the "9"? Inbound can be handled by a ring group and that appears to work.

If that all works, then that leaves the issue with being able to dial out utilizing the 5610 DECT sets. How's that then accomplished if there's no leading digit?
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/31/11 11:53 AM
Your leading digits are the first number(s) you dial:
1800+ 7 digits to route 1
12+ 9 digits to route 2
2+ 6 digits to route ?
In the routes the digits to delete is 0.
Any phone could come off hook and dial a number and go out the route unless restricted.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/31/11 01:07 PM
Of course that leaves several 'minor' problems. Extension numbers and feature codes. There WILL be looonnnggg waits when a number is dialed, while the Mitel decides just what the 'dialer's' intention is. And I guarantee you'll have problems for weeks with "I(We) can't dial some (INTERNAL/EXTERNAL) number(s)". And "No matter what we do, every time we dial ABCDEFGHIJ, we end up in 'George's' (or whoever's) voice mail!".

Shawane, you are going to regret not forcing your customer to catch up with technology. And it will be 'all your fault, you should have told/warned us'.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 10/31/11 01:18 PM
With the NEC that I had to flipflop, I made *(star) the first digit of internal extensions.

So to dial 1(234)567-8901 sent you outbound, but *1234 gave you Joe's extension (which would have been 1234).

The big issue came up in blocking xxx-555-1212 (customer request)and xxx-976-xxxx numbers. That PBX could not handle conflict dialing. Also, it had a "six-digit" feature in ARS (look at the 6th digit, i.e. CO prefix) but since we didn't have a leading 9, that made CO prefixes the fifth digit, not the sixth. It had the ARS table from hell by the time we were done.

We cursed the salesmen soundly for making us do that.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: Shawane Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 11/01/11 06:16 AM
Lightninghorse,

I agree with you 100%. I've tried and tried and explained the issues that "will" occur by utilizing this method. I've even involved the top of my chain to see if we can convince the client otherwise. If I could do things the way we should be, I would be done.

I'm still stuck with the issue of dialing out with the 5610 DECT phones as I can no longer utilize trunk groups for the CO lines. I would have to utilize a leading digit "9" and produce a second dial tone in order to make outside calls utilizng these CO's via the 5610's. Any thoughts with this? Has any dealt with these devices yet?
Posted By: bocko Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 11/25/11 12:33 PM
In the multiline set key form, program Key systems lines for the buttons,they will not have to dial 9 and will have an apperance.
Posted By: VOIP Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 11/25/11 01:28 PM
John and Lightninghorse correct me if I am wrong but here is an idea I had. It has not been tested. Set each button on the phone as a separate extension, Key system those will be the answer points for each of the POTS lines(set the buttons the same way on all the IP phones). Then set those extensions up in the Associated Directory Assignment Form (set as a hot line) to dial a Speed dial number that dials the code for the Direct Trunk select access code followed by the trunk code that calls this number. Then ARS does not even come in to play. Then setup ARS like you normally would and all of the other phones use ARS. Example button 14 on all the IP Phones is set as a Key System extension number 7894, on trunk 1111(or whatever the trunk number of the first trunk is) is set to use Trunk Service 1 which uses extension 7894 as the answer point. Then in the Associated Directory Assignment Form set extension 7894 to Hot Line and associated with speed dial number 1111. The speed dial 1111 is set to dial the code for Direct Trunk Select followed by 1111 to select trunk 1. Then whenever they push the button and it goes off hook it dials the direct trunk select for that trunk and they here dial tone. Then on all the other phones this line shows in use, just like a key system. Follow this for all of the buttons used Button 12 is extension 2222. So on and so forth. It leaves much to be desired in terms of security but it should work like a key system.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: ARS Leading Digit Removal - 11/25/11 04:06 PM
I have tried the Hot Line approach before and found that you cannot dial any other digits beyond the programmed number.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help