atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Phil Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/20/11 07:51 AM
I have to re-create an "Express Check Out" mailbox for a hotel that uses a Mitel SX-200 AX. Which type of mailbox is usually used for this, and where does it send notifications of a new message (a room checking out)?
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/20/11 03:08 PM
If it is using the Express Messenger based VM then you have to create a Front Desk Mailbox that can Check in/out room malboxes.
Posted By: Phil Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/20/11 04:41 PM
Ah! Ok, if I already have a front desk mailbox, then I need to make sure that the "express check out" button on the room phones goes to that extension, correct?
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/21/11 06:20 AM
Phil;
Define what you mean by "Express Check Out" mailbox.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/21/11 08:56 AM
Phil- I think your 3rd post is correct, and you could add a MSW button on FD phone to alert them a message has been left in the check out box.
Posted By: Phil Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/21/11 09:30 AM
@Fred - that is a mailbox that people wanting to check out without having to go to the front desk leave a message to let the front desk (or whoever) know that they have checked out, and the key is in the room. @Alex - I've been mulling that over in my mind - just a MW indicator on the front desk phone should probably do it. Thanks for all your input!! :bow:
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/21/11 10:51 AM
It rarely happens, but I would have to agree with Alex.
Just have them call that front Desk extension, and leave a message in that ext's box.
You could also have an appeareence of that box on other superset phones, so more than one person would notice there's a message.
Posted By: AKroger Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/22/11 09:12 AM
Thanks Fred
@Phil- I would make the MB a phantom ext so the front office staff does not make changes to the MB while using a perticular phone, And if they use FD/admin features from a FD ext it will not cause issue with the " check out " MB
Posted By: Phil Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/28/11 05:55 AM
So I assume I would have to use the console to set DND for that phantom ext - so that the mailbox would answer fairly quickly, right?
Posted By: XetaTech Re: Express Check Out Mailbox - 11/28/11 07:58 AM
You can set from console,, or from form 9,set call forward always to vm from there
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help