atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jonmyk 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/20/12 09:36 AM
I have a customer who uses Choice Advantage PMS but they want to be able to use the Maid in Room feature to update the room status faster during busy times to get guests checked in faster. According to Choice PMS TS Choice Advantage only accepts 1, 2 & 8 (clean, dirty, ready) and Mitel only sends 1 - 4 ((Main in rm, maid not in rm, ready, needs inspected).

Is there any way to force the Mitel to send an 8 through the PMS interface? I told the customer not to hold his breath but that I would check on it.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/20/12 11:37 AM
I think that one's a matter of training the users. Leave the room in "Dirty" status until the inspector checks it, then have the inspector enter 1. The only reason to use separate "clean" and "ready" codes is so the inspector knows what to check, and that can be done another way.

Fdesk can then manipulate it to "ready" through the FDesk terminals.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/21/12 05:13 AM
When you use the PMS interface, whatever codes the maids dial, only matter to the PMS system, not the pbx. Have the maids dial the 8, and the pms system should see it. The 1-4 codes are only referenced when you use the console display, or superset displays, to monitor the maids.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/21/12 03:34 PM
According to the docs you can dial 0-9 after the maid code and the system will send that to the PMS.
Posted By: jonmyk Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/21/12 06:59 PM
Okay then what am I missing because if I dial the maid in room code plus 1-4 it brings back dial tone but if I dial an other digit (5-9) I get reorder tone.
Posted By: XetaTech Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/22/12 04:51 AM
Assign the room status by dialing one of the following codes:
1 - MAID PRESENT
2 - CLEAN
3 - NOT CLEAN
4 - OUT OF SERVICE
5 - TO BE INSPECTED
If the Property Management System (PMS) is installed, the following codes are also available:
6 - OCCUPIED/CLEAN
7 - OCCUPIED/NOT CLEAN
8 - VACANT/CLEAN
9 - VACANT/NOT CLEAN
Posted By: jonmyk Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/22/12 06:37 AM
Could it because they have the Lodging option enabled in Form 4 instead of PMS?
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/22/12 06:47 AM
If PMS in not enabled, why are we talking about the PMS company in the first place??
Posted By: jonmyk Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/22/12 07:23 AM
Choice Advantage PMS is connected to the system but the options that were enabled at this property before we took over the account have remained the same. I assumed the PMS option in form 4 was enabled but when i checked it was set to Lodging.

The customer has had PMS since before we took over the account.
He may have had a PMS-like program that he bought when he wasn't a Choice customer.
Changing from 1 to the other is NOT just a few key strokes, unless Mitel has changed their way of doing business. You have to buy the 'permission'.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/22/12 02:29 PM
On the ICP you might be able to just disable the H/M and enable PMS and save changes. It has been a no cost option for some time and I have had systems that worked by doing that.
Posted By: jonmyk Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/22/12 06:38 PM
Steve I will try it and see if all works then for me.
Posted By: mingo1964 Re: 200ICP PMS room status work around? - 03/26/12 08:38 AM
You can pick either lodging or pms in the icp now.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help