atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DoubleAron Bogen PCM2000 / PCMTIM with Mitel 3000 - 08/16/12 06:43 PM
I am trying to connect a Mitel 3000 to a Bogen PCM2000 / PCMTIM paging system and running into problems.

If I connect the Bogen to a standard port (not assigned as PA extension in the Mitel) using the Bogen diagram for PBX Station access and call it using internal call. I can page fine but when I hang up neither system drops the call and I get the beeping like when you leave the phone off hook over the PA until I disconnect it from the Bogen. Bogen says to enable CPC Pulse / Discconect pulse in Mitel but support says that can not be done.

If I connect to the extension/port that is assigned as the paging extenstion in the Mitel using the Bogen diagram for Page Port (contact closure or VOX) and use the paging function - public address it rungs but the Bogen does not answer. If I use the internal call it says invalid (expected I think)

I am using a 4 wire cable.

Can anyone tell me how to get this working? Both companies support points at the other at this point.

I am not a phone tech (computer networking is my thing and I know a little about phones) this just ended up in my lap.

Thank You very much.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Bogen PCM2000 / PCMTIM with Mitel 3000 - 08/16/12 07:18 PM
You need a power supply to use the page port connection.
Thank you DrPbx, I am unclear as to what power supply is needed though. The PA is a Bogen TPU60B/PMC2000 combo. What needs a power supply?

I found a document at Mitel referencing a transformer to make a ring trip for the page port. Is that what you are refering to?

Here is the text from it:

If the PA Amplifier is one designed to work on telephone system analog station ports, then one of the telephone extension ports, (with the exception of the programming extension 20), can be programmed as the paging port and directly connected to the PA amplifier. On the amplifier, typically the input is marked "telephone" and has the internal 600 ohm transformer isolated input built in. It is recommended to check the amplifier's specifications. The Valcom V-997 is an example of this type..

If the paging amplifier is the type that provides a microphone input , a 1:1 Audio Isolation transformer with a 600-900 ohm impedance, must be connected between the extension port and the microphone input. A Radio Shack 1:1 Audio Isolation Transformer (p/n 273-1374 ) was used by Intertel to verify this operation, but any transformer with a similar specification will work. Also, commercial 1:1 (600 - 600 ohm) transformers are available from most sound system suppliers.
Posted By: johnp Re: Bogen PCM2000 / PCMTIM with Mitel 3000 - 08/17/12 02:03 AM
If you have an open co position you could try that. You would need to remove it from the dial 9 group and turn off any dialtone detection.
Thank you for the reply johnp, they are using 2 CO lines so I have plenty of open ports but there is no service for them. Could you explain how I would use one of the incoming ports to connect to and use the PA through please. I can't "see" in my head how I would run the connections. I just don't have enough phone experience.

Would I plug the PA into one of the incoming ports then select that "line" to send a page?

I don't see anything about a dial 9 group. I did have to tell it what lines actually had a CO connection though.
I'm afraid you've reached the end of the string here, unless you can obtain installer status and go to that area for help. (Read the requirements for installer status. You can't do it yet) You can request PM help, but expect some monetary compensation if it requires more than minimal assistance.
Thanks Lightninghorse, I read the requirements and as you stated do not meet them.

As far as getting help through PM I don't know who to PM. So I will just say if anyone has installed these two systems and knows how to get it working PM me. I have no problem working out some payment for your time. I will have to get it approved by my boss but don't see an issue unless it is way more than I anticipate.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help