atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kimbokasteniv sx-50 disable trunk lines - 08/29/12 12:21 AM
I recently downgraded my phone service from 8 to just 4 lines coming in from the telco.

Unsurprisingly, when dialing out, the PBX regularly selects a dead trunk line.

I know which external phone lines have been disconnected, and how they correspond to my trunks.

I feel like this job is too small to call in my normal phone tech.
Is it a simple job to disable a trunk via the console? If so, how is it done?

I appreciate the help.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sx-50 disable trunk lines - 08/29/12 12:54 AM
If you know the trunk equipment numbers for the trunks that were removed, then sure, you can temporarily put them out of service from the attendant console. This won't permanently remove them from service, but it will get you over the hump until you can get a technician out to permanently remove them. Maybe you can have them do something else that needs to be done during the service visit to justify the minimal cost.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: sx-50 disable trunk lines - 08/29/12 01:40 PM
Good advice from Ed. I just pulled my SX50 manuals out of storage (about 10 years) because I'm thinking of servicing one after all these years. You need to get an Attendant Console Guide if you don't have one---and you need for a tech to come and show you how to quickly do some operations. Busying out trunks is a "normal" attendant console operation---but as Ed said, you're going to have to have a tech come out and PERMANENTLY remove them. Good Luck.
Posted By: Kimbokasteniv Re: sx-50 disable trunk lines - 08/29/12 03:53 PM
Thanks guys. I was able to find a page online with common attendant functions. (*41 was the function code--in case anyone lands on this page later) Yeah, I usually try to bundle a number of problems together each time I call him out. But I had him out here a month ago. Next time though, I'll be sure he fixes this problem.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: sx-50 disable trunk lines - 08/29/12 04:29 PM
Good Deal!!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sx-50 disable trunk lines - 08/30/12 01:40 AM
Happy to help, Kimbokasteniv. Thanks for letting us know how you made out. This is a classic example of how we like to see requests arrive and how they are resolved. Please feel free to come back whenever you need a hand.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help