atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KEY TEL ONS/CLASS card compatability - 09/24/12 10:58 AM
As a favor, I'm helping a customer get as much out of their Mitel as possible.I'd like to sell them a system I am trained on, but.....
They blew a 9109-110-002 (lightning)and I found a 9109-110-001 in a system being removed across town. It seems to work, but I'm trying (without much success) to find out what the difference is.
I don't want to do harm, just get them working again...

Any help?

PS A buddy is tryng to get a good price on the removed system.
Posted By: panda Re: ONS/CLASS card compatability - 09/24/12 01:04 PM
you are in luck, the one that ends in 002 should be a blue faceplate line card (correct me if I am wrong) and the 001 is a white faceplate. You can replace a blue with a white, they are both CLASS cards so no funtionality will be lost. You are ok.
Posted By: dfbarth Re: ONS/CLASS card compatability - 09/24/12 07:25 PM
It's also my understanding that you're not going to be able to exceed the licensing in form 04 for BONS/BNIC cards.

.d
Posted By: panda Re: ONS/CLASS card compatability - 09/24/12 08:29 PM
they will be ok as the swapped out the cards and did not add is my understanding
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: ONS/CLASS card compatability - 09/24/12 09:44 PM
New systems were often sold as packages with a certain number of blue cards included. To prevent unscrupulous "third market" vendors from scrounging systems and breaking up package deals, the blue cards were limited by a "purchased option" in form 4.

For example, a line in form 4 may say "Max. BNIC: 4" or "MAX BONS: 2" and this indicates the package sold with the system. It can only be changed by buying new licenses from Mitel.

Since the White ONS/DNIC cards are not limited in this way, you can add white cards above the number of blue listed, but you cannot add additional blue cards. You are limited to the total port count licenses shown in form 4, but a one-for-one swap of a white ONS in place of a blue ONS will retain the same net port count.

A technicality: MiTeL tends to get snippy when they discover that a system has been scrounged and re-sold. Technically, the licensing applies ONLY to the ORIGINAL purchaser, and are NOT transferable. Your buddy "trying to get a good price on the pulled system" is technically violating the agreement between Mitel and the Original Purchaser. FWIW.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help