atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BIG A Mitel Express Messenger Voice Mail - 12/03/12 09:45 PM
Does anyone know anything about Mitel Express Messenger? I just bought a brand new card. I installed in a working system but the card will not load. I've tested many cards on this system and they usually test good. Is it possible that this one will not load because it's brand new and it needs a software load? I've never tested a brand new card so I don't know if they are shipped blank from the factory. Does anyone know?
Thanks
BigA
It can take a while to boot up. What color is the light on the front of the card? How can you tell it's not loading? Did you program the slot correctly? The ports?
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: Mitel Express Messenger Voice Mail - 12/03/12 11:50 PM
Have you programmed the ports correctly? If you don't have the correct number programmed it will keep rebooting.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Mitel Express Messenger Voice Mail - 12/04/12 07:57 PM
What Steve said.

Also, remember that the number of ports is the number licensed, not necessarily the number of blank LEDs on the front.

After a start-up or reboot, the MEM card will keep trying to boot, but it can't boot until it finds its ports. It will do this independently of the Main Control Card and the Bay Control Card, which will be bringing up ports one card at a time. So the MEM will probably reboot itself and cycle three, four, maybe five times before it finds its ports. If it hasn't stopped rebooting within, say twenty minutes, THEN check programming and check to see if you may have an out-of-box failure.
Posted By: Barrontel Re: Mitel Express Messenger Voice Mail - 12/07/12 05:29 PM
Hi I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm hoping someone will see this.

200 ICP: I added 2 new analog extensions but using the administrator mailbox it doesn't give me the option at press 2 to ADD a mailbox, only Edit or delete and if I press 1 it tells me that option is not available.

Any suggestions?
Are you using the "Front Desk" phone?
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Mitel Express Messenger Voice Mail - 12/10/12 02:20 PM
The 200icp doesn't allow you to add mailboxes using the TUI. you need to log into form 50 to add mailboxes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help