atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gm.pa146 Mitel sx-100 - 04/09/13 05:02 PM
When we dial a certain room number(hotel) the phone simply clicks and disconnects. This has happened before on another room number. It randomly switched several days ago. Any ideas as to why this occurs.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Mitel sx-100 - 04/09/13 05:26 PM
Oooh, Mr. Choice property in PA. The last time it happened to me, about 4 days ago, it was a BAD PHONE! The scary part is when I took it down to the lobby on a single jack, it worked, as soon as I too it back up to the room on two jacks, it kept tripping the ring.

Outside of that, normal troubleshooting, where you disconnect all the phones and dial the room is in order. If it trips the ring, you have a cable or card problem, if not, a phone problem. If it's in the card, try swapping the card with another slot.

Carl
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Mitel sx-100 - 04/09/13 11:44 PM
Standard symptom of a ring trip, I hated replacing those relays. Used to buy them from Dean by the dozen.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Mitel sx-100 - 04/12/13 11:25 PM
If it randomly changed from one extension to another, I'll bet that that's the day your maintenance guy changed the phone with another room. Replace the telephone.

BTW, that SX-100 is about 5 generations back from the newest systems now. It's going to be increasingly difficult to support it moving forward, and it might behoove you to put money into the five-year plan for a new phone system within the next 5-7 years.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Mitel sx-100 - 04/13/13 02:42 PM
Dollars to doughnuts it's the port on the card. Replace card.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help