atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: deadwalleye sx 200 el lsgs issues. - 06/11/13 05:14 AM
Im having an issue on lsgs trunks. I have 3 lines in hunt when there is an active call on line one. Then another incoming call comes in I get what sounds like rotary tones on the active call on line one. What can I try?

Ive tried:
New lsgs card.
Having the lec out (they say its not them)
New cross connect from sys to Dmarc.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: sx 200 el lsgs issues. - 06/11/13 12:51 PM
1. Disconnect the trunks from the system

2. Using a single line telephone, establish a call on the first trunk.

3. Using your butt set, monitor the second trunk

4.Using your cell phone or have someone from your office make a series of calls into the main number.

5. Determine if the condition exists during your testing. If it did, you know you have a LEC issue. If it did not, connect only the first line to the system and repeat the test. If the condition does not occur, then add the third line and repeat the test.

Usually, the sound you are hearing (ringing over an in-use line) is indicative of a wet cable or split pairs. Also, tear apart the amp end of the cable that brings the trunks into the cabinet. I have seen wire tags and wet amp connectors cause this. Finally, if you are still having the problem, move the LS/GS trunk card to another slot, program it up and see if the trouble moves or not. Remember, this condition could be caused by another, seemingly unrelated, module. Remove all modules except for the LS/GS, repeat the tests and start installing a module at a time until the condition occurs. If the condition occurs with all the modules removed and just the LS/GS in the system, you probably have a bad EL cabinet.

Rcaman
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help