atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DSU 200 ICP MX keeps losing/resetting time and date - 07/31/13 06:15 PM
I have a customer with a 200 MX controller that for the past week and a half keeps resetting the date to 7/13/13 and the time to 7:13am.

Thinking a software corruption was possible, I upgraded the software to 5.0.2.12 yesterday (Tuesday). This morning, they called and said it has reset itself again. People are missing wake-up calls, etc...

Has anyone experienced this or heard of this before?

Thanks as always,

Rich
What are the chances that someone is doing that intentionally? Just for the heck of it, disable COS option 122 in all Classes of Service, and change your maintenance passwords.
Time will tell!!!
If that doesn't fix your problem, you'll need to change out the Controller/mother board.
I agree with Fred. If the Mitel was at fault, it would, most likely, default to some date around 2000. But, there would be other changes associated with that. If it's a motel/hotel, I think you might have some bored night people that think changing the date and time to that particular date and time is "cool."

The other possibility is a rival competitor or previous vendor. Change the password and the COS option and you will eliminate a lot of questions.

Rcaman
A note on changing passwords -- make sure that you change Installer and Maint1 for CDE, and Installer & Maint1 for Maintenance.

Does it happen each night for five nights, and then not change two nights? That would point to a human.

Also, if it's a human, and they can't change date and time, they might decide that changing the language is a good way to "freak out the day shift" so memorize the steps to change console language back to English (unless you speak French and Spanish).
Thanks for the responses.
Yeah - I would have thought bored employee/not-so-divine human intervention too, but it happened while I was there.

No one has remote access - sounds like motherboard?

Thanks again -

Rich
Since you are up against a ghost, I would change out the Controller. Do a system back-up, first.

Rcaman
Thanks again everyone!
Will quote a refurb. controller.

Rich
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help