atcomsystems.ca/forum
I've an extension that I want to have a vm box that calls go to upon No Ans. The ext is CFNA to vm and calls go there but not to the ext's vm box (the vm box does exist). Thinking that the room needed to be checked in inorder for that to happen I had admin go to the console to check in the ext. After pressing [Guest Room] and dialing the guest room ext number the F5 key reads "RESTRICTED O/" instead of "STATUS".

So I've two questions, please:
1) Is my above assumption correct, and if so
2) Why is the STATUS option not there? (That ext's COS has Option 101 enabled.)
Does your system have PMS or just the Hotel Option. System option 33 needs to be enabled and O/G Restriction option 32 disabled.
PMS. With PMS would it cause trouble to enable option 33 and disable option 32?
Actually the extension is a shop phone and will not need to be checked in or out. I was just trying to get its unanswered calls to go to its vm box. What option(s) needs to be enabled in its COS so that unanswered calls go to its vm box instead of the general vm greeting?
The settings in the PBX, have nothing to do with the voicemail capabilities.
If the call fwds to vmail, but then re-directs you to the operator, then the MAILBOX is set up as GUEST ROOM mailbox and not checked in.
If that's the cas, you need to cheange the mailbox type to extension.
Changing the vm box type to "extension" worked. I wish I worked on these either more often or not at all. Thanks for the help, 55'er.
No problem at all!
Contact us anytime if you ever need any more assistance!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help