atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have been an Inter-tel Axxess tech since version 2. My company has had great success selling and servicing the 5000. Today I came across these links. Mitel says they are fully behind the product however, Mitel well might not say.
Has anyone else heard anything to back these claims up or are they just rumors to manipulate stock prices or something else.

https://www.rtinvest.com/new/discussion/post/370442/

https://finance.yahoo.com/mbview/th...092-aad2187f-c544-4c95-aff6-c1f134ea4749
It is a source of pride for Mitel to take a perfectly good product and abandon development. They have shot themselves in the foot several times over the years, so this comes as no surprise. The formula for ALL telecom manufacturers is Good working products = no new system sales. Make all good working products orphans and plop out some new whiz-bang "thing" = a bunch of new sales.

It's ALL about more money, more profit. They never see that supporting a good product and keep upgrading it will provide steady profit and a loyal customer base.

Rcaman
Both links point to an anonymous user on a forum, not unlike this one. Not exactly a smoking gun.
From v5.1 (Dec. 2011) to v6.0 SP2 (Feb 2014) Mitel has added only one significant feature- Mid-Call transfer. Not a hot bed of technological advancement...
Mid call features is one but the addition of the DHCP server was huge. Enhanced Web Portal. SYSAD enhancements. Better SIP support. Why would Mitel add these things if they were going to kill it? I'm with DND ON. I am just trying to dispel rumors. I appreciate all of your input and respect all of your opinions. Now all we have to do is get our friends from the great white north to understand name branding. This new MiVoice XXXXXX nameing is just crap and too confusing for sales, customer , and techs. My sales dept. says they are probably going to change the name again. We shall see.
Those two links aren't very convincing.
Why is the MiVoice 5000 distributed by Tech Data? Why is the product supported by Tech Data?
Cans and Strings, you are SO right! The MiVoice Bla-bla-bla stuff is SO confusing especially when they change product names every year (it seems). Oh, and my favorite (NOT!) is MiCollab. Sounds like something I can get treatment for at the free clinic. LOL
Looks like Tech Data has been a distributor for a couple years:
https://investor.mitel.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=720446
The Mitel MiVoice Office 250 (formerly Mitel 5000) is here to stay!!
I like seeing the Rock Hall logo on the bottom of Mitel's website laugh
MiVoice Office 250 Release 6.2 NEW features! And ShoreTel started rumors it was going away. Not likely.

MiVoice Office 250 Release 6.1 SP1 New Features
o Multi-node Video Support (Yes Video Support)
o SIP Phone Group – Password Alarm A149 (increased Security to stop the "BAD" people hacking our systems)

MiVoice Office Release 6.2 New Feature: System Park (Yup Finally a real call Park Function. We have always had a work around for this but now it is a feature!)

MiVoice Office Release 6.2 New Feature: Audio Files for Audiotex Recordings (Again Finally we can now upload a .wav to the system for Call Routing Announcements!)

MiVoice Office Release 6.2 New Feature: Mitel 5624 Wireless Phone Support. No one has it working yet.

And lastly Exchange 2016 support!

That is the latest. Cheers and have a safe 4rth of July!
I understand that 6.2 is not backward compatible with a lot of applications, and will not be available for the CS platform.
DND ON, I have not heard that. I will find out and post that information for you.
DND ON, Where did you hear that? And what applications? I just converted an older database to to a 6.2 CS and it completed successfully. Ran it against DBTest tool with no errors. I have the training docs and I would think that would be brought to light. If you can let me know where you got this information I will research it.
I was told by my dealer that all virtual applications except CSM are not backward compatible, and would need to be upgraded to work with 6.2.

Interesting that the CS worked.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help