atcomsystems.ca/forum
By default does the console get an alarm when 911 is dialed? where do you set this up in programming? can other extension be set to do it as well? I seen in logs that it shows.
Set in the Class of Service for the console or superset as Emergency Call Notification Audible or Visual.
Ok I do not see the class of service for the IP console
I see that in COS there is a COS number 4 labeled as IP CONSOLE but I do not see in user devices what the IP Console has assigned as COS or the option to do so
Also how do you view and clear these are they like on a 200?
You have to look in the Station Service form to find out the COS of devices. Very similar in to the 200.
Ok I found that the console was in COS 1 NOT for as Labeled.I enabled the emergency audio and visual but only visual works no audio. Any tips on what it could be?
Is this a 5550 console? Have you tried rebooting the console since enabling those options?
It is a 5540 and I rebooted the whole system.
Got it finally just switched class of service from 1 to 4 and it now works. Not sure if cos 1 has a glitch or what.
Good rule of thumb. Do not make changes to COS 1, that is the default value for COS when adding a new extension. I always make it the most restricted COS. Do the same with all the defaults. I believe it is the best practice.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help