atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Vertech Mitel 5000 Headset beeps - 01/15/15 09:08 PM
We installed a Mitel wireless headset on a 5340 and the user complains that every 30 seconds or so she hears a beep in the headset while conferenced in with another user.
Battery is fine, she is very close to her phone and it is not a camp on.

Is there a conference warning tone and if so were do you set it?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Andrea Ruane Re: Mitel 5000 Headset beeps - 01/19/15 07:36 PM
If you are sure that this user is not part of a hunt group receiving camp on tones, AND you are certain that the battery is good and the headset is fully charged, could these calls possibly be 'monitored' by a supervisor and the Silent Monitor is disabled? That's the only thing I can think of that would give an audible beep with all other items ruled out.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Mitel 5000 Headset beeps - 01/20/15 05:28 PM
I’m currently experiencing this on my phone and immediately thought of this thread. HX-5000 at version 6 with a 5330 phone and Mitel headset. Intercom call to AWC conference bridge gives beep every 30 seconds!
Posted By: Vertech Re: Mitel 5000 Headset beeps - 01/21/15 07:53 PM
I thought that in may be a call recording warning but the user says that is not it.

Thanks for the input.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Mitel 5000 Headset beeps - 01/22/15 02:01 AM
Finally had a chance to check the manual. The headset will beep every 30 seconds if the headset or the phone is muted. I knew that it would beep if the headset was muted, but I wasn't aware that the mute button on the phone would do so as well.

There is no option to disable the tone that I can find. Annoying as hell.
Posted By: Vertech Re: Mitel 5000 Headset beeps - 01/23/15 07:11 PM
Thanks, DND.

That was it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help