atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: westerntelephone Answer Detection - 02/24/15 09:26 PM
Anyone know who makes an answer detection device?
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Answer Detection - 02/25/15 10:02 PM
Viking LPL-1

Rcaman
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Answer Detection - 02/26/15 03:07 PM
No, not busy lamp.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Answer Detection - 02/27/15 12:00 AM
Well, could you be a little more explicit? What do you want the device to do? There are several line status indicators which will provide a visual indication of in use. Are you trying to drive something else with the device?

Rcaman
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Answer Detection - 02/27/15 09:40 PM
Not line status
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Answer Detection - 03/01/15 03:07 PM
Sorry- some company used to make a call detection device that would prove if a call made from one location had indeed been answered, as in a call from a Hotel facility. InnForm went to grace periods for their call accounting, now I have someone asking if it still exists.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Answer Detection - 03/02/15 02:17 PM
So, if I understand correctly, you want confirmation that a call placed from one system has been answered by another.

Unfortunately, most all SMDR devices go to a time of call method to determine if the call completes which, as you know with the InnForm, is just a guess.

The only thing that I know that is available is software driven and uses PIN numbers both transmitted and received to verify a call completion. I doubt this is what you want. But, if it is something you would like to investigate, Click Here or Click Here for two systems which are similar which will provide verification.

Rcaman
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help