atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DSU Express Messenger Card with an MX Controller - 05/29/15 07:25 PM
Hello -

I am upgrading an EL system with an MX controller (5.0.2.12) reusing per nodes. I would like to keep the existing MEM Card temporarily for out of office personnel so they will not miss any messages they might have received before the new EMEM came online.

I assigned new extension numbers and hunt group for the MEM card.

I have double/triple checked all the programming for MEM installation. Card is seen in Form 1, I have green status light on card, Maintenance Status shows Idle both SW and HW. When I call in, I see SW change to ringing but ports will not pick up.

Is there something else I need to program for the MX controller to communicate with the MEM card?

Kindest regards,

Rich
I can try mine on Monday as I have the same setup in my lab, but until then if the MEM is 4 port you must have 4 ports programmed and connected, same if a 6 port, the number of ports on the MEM must match what you have programmed in the pbx
Posted By: DSU Re: Express Messenger Card with an MX Controller - 05/29/15 11:17 PM
Thanks Panda -

Yes, it is an 8 port and I have 8 ports programmed. All 8 show SW & HW idle in Maint/Status and show SW ringing when I call in to each port. I just cant get the ports to answer. They all worked fine in the EL configuration.

Thanks,

Rich
are all the options enabled as per the 200ICP docs?
are there any status lights on the MEM card?
status led should be green all other leds should be off
Posted By: DSU Re: Express Messenger Card with an MX Controller - 06/02/15 12:33 AM
Yes - Status light is green. Card cycles through the Lines 1-8 backwards (Lines light up briefly) and finally stops cycling, Status light stays green.
You mentioned options in the ICP documentation. Is there something in Folio about using the MEM card with the MX Controller? I made sure all options were set correctly from my MEM installation documentation.

Thanks,

Rich
Posted By: DSU Re: Express Messenger Card with an MX Controller - 06/02/15 12:39 AM
Just checked my Folio doc - I will need to check to see if option 98 is enabled.
Stay tuned...

Thanks,

Rich
in form 9 are your voicemail type "430S"
Is COS option 229 turned on?
I have the same setup as you do, MEM on a 200ICP, if you follow the docs and you can see each port is a 430S (subattenant) you should be good
Years ago Mitel put out a bulletin that all MEM ports should be set to Manual when you expand the set, not sure if it still applies now but I have mine set that way
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help