atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teleco SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/10/16 12:14 AM
Unable to leave voicemail messages to room extensions.Calls forward BNA to voicemail, and prompt says transferring to operator, unable to leave a message to the room. Room mailboxes exists and can be accessed, all admin voicemail phones work as normal.Any suggestions?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/10/16 12:16 PM
What kind of VM ? Do you mean RNA rather than BNA ?
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/10/16 01:58 PM
Yes RNA, as far as what kind of voicemail, how would I find out? I assumed it was within the SX 200.
Posted By: panda Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/10/16 03:50 PM
assuming the 200MX has embedded voicemail then is there a pms system involved? The pms system would checkin the room and enable the voicemail for that room
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/11/16 12:39 AM
You need to find out what you are trying to fix. You may be chasing a ghost.

The voice mail may be a stand alone and not integrated. The PMS connection is where you need to concentrate your investigation. The Mitel has to send data to the PMS via socket or dataset, the PMS has to send data to the voicemail and, usually, the voicemail will have SMDR data from the Mitel being fed into it.

All the pieces have to work in concert or nothing works.

Rcaman
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/13/16 08:12 PM
It is probably the Embedded Voice Mail and with that if a room is not checked in then the VM sends the call back to the operator.
You need to access the Front Desk Mailbox and manually check in the rooms. Then check the VM PMS interface(if they have one).
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/15/16 02:07 PM
They do have a PMS, but they are not using it,a Call A Matic PMS lite. A couple of rooms are going to voicemail,but most are not. Would it be easier to activate the room mailbox from the PMS or the front desk MB, and how is it done from either one. Thanks
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/16/16 01:16 PM
Any suggestions?
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/17/16 01:07 PM
guess not Thanks
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/17/16 03:21 PM
You can look in form 50 to see which extension is "Front Desk". Go to that phone, dial the voice mail, enter that phone's password, and you will be prompted through the options. Select edit mailboxes and check the guest in.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/17/16 09:26 PM
"the voicemail will have SMDR data from the Mitel being fed into it".

Huh?
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/27/16 12:44 PM
No luck
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/27/16 12:46 PM
No luck, can it be the PMS? Nobody has any passwords for the PMS.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/27/16 01:46 PM
On older voice mail/PMS integrated call accounting systems, such as an InnLine 2020, the Mitel feeds SMDR data to the voice mail for call costing. When I offered this information, no one knew what voice mail system was connected to this Mitel.

Rcaman
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/27/16 03:14 PM
It is a Callamatic PMS lite and I have no passwords to get into it.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 06/29/16 03:32 PM
You should call Synectix, the manufacturer.
Posted By: teleco Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 07/07/16 02:20 PM
The PMS is connected to the PBX, some rooms have voicemail and most go back to the operator. The front desk phone MB does not give me the option to check in a guest and the console does not have a MB.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 07/18/16 08:08 AM
You can also set up abbreviated dial codes so that a Front desk agent can check rooms in and out quickly.

But since you said that they're not using the PMS interface, the managers may prefer to have you set mailboxes to delete messages after two days (or default # days to checkout) and then just leave them checked in all the time.

This means a guest may get another guest's messages, so it's not advised, but some managers don't want to check in / out from the FD mailbox.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 07/18/16 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by teleco
No luck
Be specific. No luck doing what? Finding the Front Desk Mailbox? Checking form 50?

MX could have MIXM instead of EMEM. Look for a card in the cabinet with a serial port on the front.

Or dial the voicemail extension, star, and the Voicemail Manager mailbox number. You'll need to know the mailbox number and the passcode.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 07/18/16 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by teleco
The PMS is connected to the PBX, some rooms have voicemail and most go back to the operator. The front desk phone MB does not give me the option to check in a guest and the console does not have a MB.
The designated Front desk mailbox might not be at Front Desk. You'd need to check form 50 in CDE to see what the FD mailbox is.
Posted By: tonysprout Re: SX-200 MX voicemail problem - 09/06/16 08:32 PM
Using the FD mailbox, check each room in. I'm guessing you're getting a recording that says, "transfering you to the front desk"
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help