atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brian A SX50 A22 033 line loopback error - 08/03/16 11:47 AM
A customer of mine is getting an error on their console. It is A22 033 line loopback error. Equipment number 33 is a single line port. I discovered it to be bad. I replaced the card with a good card but the error still occurs? I did notice that with the good card, dial tone/volume is a bit lower? I moved my extension off of that port onto another port and reprogrammed accordingly. Error still occurring. I changed the the extension type (field c) to both 1=contact monitor and 2=hotline group. Error still occurring. i assume it has to be in the main mother board/back plane? Or is the something I can turn off in system programming to deactivate this automatic line loop back.
Probably a problem with the jack or cabling. You could try a different pair, or go to Command 100, register 01, set bit "c" to "0" to disable automatic diagnostics.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX50 A22 033 line loopback error - 08/03/16 03:02 PM
Test the cable pair to that extension for ground on either tip or ring. Something had to kill the port. The SX-50 ports are fairly robust and it takes a lot to ruin one, but I have seen either line voltage (what we old timers call "foreign voltage") or grounding on either tip or ring to cause that error.

Rcaman
Posted By: Brian A Re: SX50 A22 033 line loopback error - 08/05/16 02:08 PM
I have had the port totally disconnected from any cabling since I moved it to a different port on Wednesday night. The extension has worked fine on the new port so I don't suspect any current issue with the cable or jack. The same alarm still goes off for the old original port. Like I said a good new card doesn't help. I really think it is something strange in the back plane or maybe I just need to change the command in 100 per westerntelephone.
Posted By: DSU Re: SX50 A22 033 line loopback error - 08/05/16 02:13 PM
Did you remove the AMP cable to see if the light goes out?
If the light is still on with the AMP cable removed it is most likely as you say the backplane

Rich
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX50 A22 033 line loopback error - 08/05/16 03:22 PM
I agree, pull the amp and see if you still get the error. I am curious, though. You wrote that with the new module in the slot that had the bad port, on that port you got low volume? The only thing that can cause that is a defective speech path and that matrix is located on the back plane. Fortunately, that is a replaceable module as well. You can replace that and as long as the battery is good on the generic, you will not lose programming.

Rcaman
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help