atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MVSpeed SX 50 No-Sync on Digital exts - 12/28/16 04:48 AM
I was sent out on an OLD SX50 to replace a bad back plane and power supply. This brought life back to it however the digital eats (3 of them say no sync and show _ then _ _ then _ _ _ until the display says no sync _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and starts over.... Bad card? Console and SL stuff seems to be fine programming seems in tact as best as I can tell with limited memory
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX 50 No-Sync on Digital exts - 12/28/16 08:24 PM
Did you try and swap slots and reprogram that slot for the DNIC?

Rcaman
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: SX 50 No-Sync on Digital exts - 12/29/16 02:22 AM
I did not I made sure I put all the cards back exactly where I got them from. I had no idea what the no sync referred to so was a little unsure of what to do. The console seems to be fine so assume I can beat some dust off an old book somewhere and try that. Would you think it could be the DNIC card? If so is something I can hot swap or do I need to power it off?
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: SX 50 No-Sync on Digital exts - 12/29/16 02:12 PM
Sounds like you're up to your neck in it. The MCC can only go in one place. I hope you got a good data base hard copy before you shut off the power. The switch will come up default with something like 4 trunks, the console. My guess is that you may have lost programming. The MCC led should read "0." when all is well. Good luck!
P.S. Change the battery on the software cartridge with the power on before you do anything else!
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX 50 No-Sync on Digital exts - 12/29/16 04:13 PM
The system Generic holds the programming and Westerntelephone is correct in the caution that that battery, if low, will cause all sorts of problems with the programming, even to the point of deprogramming an entire slot. The console does not work off a DNIC module, so it will come up even in a defaulted state.

The SX-50 modules are designed for Hot Swap.

Do you have a copy of the program prior to the replacement of the backplane and power supply? If you do, check the programming in the switch FIRST before you do anything else. If the programming is correct, then swap the DNIC to another available slot and program it.

Rcaman
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: SX 50 No-Sync on Digital exts - 12/29/16 04:21 PM
The DNIC?
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: SX 50 No-Sync on Digital exts - 12/29/16 05:50 PM
Sounds like it will be FUN!!, No backup I had never seen this system before the call that it was totally dead and needed a power supply because the power button was stuck on but providing no power. I was advised it would be a good idea to replace the back plane because the PS must have taken quite the hit ( no BBU no surge strip .... there is now but wasn't)

The cards are:
ONS Line Card 9104-020-001-SA slot 1 and 2
DNIC Line Card 9140-024-001-NA slot 3
Universal Card 9104-040-000-SA slot 7
LS/GS Trunk Card 9104-030-101-SA slot 9

I'll get a battery and hot swap it. I think I have an old used DNIC card here somewhere I'll roll it just to see what happens and guess when that fails to make a difference I'll get a book and start hammering on it :-(
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help