atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EPearson Impressions of Mitel 250/5000? - 01/19/17 01:35 AM
I'm thinking about picking up the Mitel 250/5000 for a replacement for our aging Norstars. Just wanted some input? Looks like a solid system
Posted By: NotNotCity42 Re: Impressions of Mitel 250/5000? - 01/23/17 02:36 PM
I find it easy to program. There isn't any of the kind of thing "if you have a key A on your phone then you can't do B"
I like that you can double click on destinations in programming and you'll go there. i.e, you look at a trunk group and it's day mode shows it rings a Hunt group. Double click on that and it will take you to that hunt group, let's the hunt group recall rings to an AA, double click on that AA there and now you are looking at the AA.
The numbering plan is pretty nice, easier than a 3300.
It uses - in my mind - easy to follow digit translation for AA's, no sort of doodle boxes. You see a straight list 0-9#* and timeout, you do drop downs i.e."transfer to extension" and put a value in there. Double click on it if you want to follow it through in programming to see where it goes.

Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Impressions of Mitel 250/5000? - 01/23/17 03:33 PM
I cut my teeth on the Axxess and the 5000 is pretty much the same software - but going from a Norstar to a 5000 might be a bit of a learning curve.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Impressions of Mitel 250/5000? - 01/27/17 01:37 AM
Like Jeff, I started on the Axxess.

The system is capable of some pretty amazing stuff, especially in a multi-node environment. A huge plus is you don't get nickle-and-dimed on licensing. You license the features you want, and they're good system-wide. You don't need to license each mailbox, ACD agent, etc. You do need to license each endpoint.

There are a few wonky things, like no virtual keys and shoddy call parking, but there are work arounds. There are serious capacity limitations when using digital phones, analog devices and POTS lines, which can put you into a DEI (Digital Expansion Interface) pretty quickly. That's a non-issue with IP phones and SIP or PRI.

Overall, a decent system.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help