atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NotNotCity42 Reccomendation for a loud analog phone - 03/07/18 03:31 PM
3300/ASU/ONSp ports.
I'm looking for single line phones that ring LOUD.
1 of the users is hearing impaired, does not want the Clarity Alto Plus phone because it looks like a nursing home phone. I like it though. He also does not want to draw additional attention to his hearing disability.
Do you guys have any recommendations for analog single line phones with caller ID displays that ring loud on an ASU?
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Reccomendation for a loud analog phone - 03/07/18 05:28 PM
Clarirty SR200 -Super loud telephone ringer (95+ decibels)
Visual ring indicator
Adjustable ring volume
Adjustable ring tone control (250-1200Hz)
Choice of four distinct ring patterns
Dual modular phone jacks for easy connection to a standard analog telephone.

Bestbuy.com
Newegg.com
Tell him that's all you stock and anything else he would have to purchase himself . That should stop is whining .
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Reccomendation for a loud analog phone - 03/08/18 11:59 AM
Maybe new battery in hearing aid, or Upgrade hearing aid,, dual headset.
My father was on the flight deck of aircraft carriers during WW2 , Korea and Vietnam we never could find a solution to being able to hear a telephone conversation .
Originally Posted by NotNotCity42
I'm looking for single line phones that ring LOUD...1 of the users is hearing impaired. He also does not want to draw additional attention to his hearing disability.
As a person who wears hearing aids I let everyone know ahead of time that I wear them and that they are not perfect. For example, I have ask my wife how her say went and in her reply I have to figure, "What does 'Fish' have to do with it?" I realize that it is important that co-workers know that I have a hearing problem and if I misinterpret something it's not because I am stupid...I didn't hear it correctly. Being in the construction trade there are more noisy environments than quiet ones.

Anyway, I assume that the volume on the handset is okay since it wasn't mentioned in the OP. That leaves internal or external device.

External ringers or strobes would do the trick and would also draw attention to the fact that he has a hearing loss.

An internal loud ringing set would also do the trick and would also draw attention to the fact that he has a hearing loss.

Posted By: ATechguy Re: Reccomendation for a loud analog phone - 03/08/18 05:16 PM
Thks for the insight on hearing impairment and the personal sensitivity of living with hearing loss. ,, must be frustrating .Thks
Originally Posted by ATechguy
Thks for the insight on hearing impairment and the personal sensitivity of living with hearing loss. ,, must be frustrating .Thks

I am not sensitive regarding my hearing loss, in fact it's fun to tell people what I heard: "Did you say, 'Take the cheese grater to the second floor'"? crazy
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Reccomendation for a loud analog phone - 03/08/18 07:28 PM
Dean! Just like the Saying goes.::"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" is a proverbial phrase used to encourage optimism and a positive can-do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune. Lemons suggest sourness or difficulty in life, while lemonade is a sweet drink.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help