atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LarryH2 Mivoice Office 250 directory - same name - 04/30/18 11:39 PM
I'm sort of new with Mitel, so bear with me. A customer complained that when using the dial by name directory in voicemail, if 2 people had names that use the same digits - Jim and Kim in this example - and you dial 546, it gives Jim's extension. If you select 3 to play the next name, it will give the next extension that starts with J - Joe, then press 3 again - Josh, then several more presses until you get to Kim. Since I pressed 546, shouldn't it just play the names that correspond with those digits? I removed Jim's name and tried it and it does give Kim, so that part is working. Is there a way to fix this?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
I don't think so. It goes in alphabetical order.
Posted By: LarryH2 Re: Mivoice Office 250 directory - same name - 05/02/18 11:22 AM
That's strange behavior. So this system doesn't have a way to handle multiple matches? Every other system I've worked with (or called) would offer an option to choose other mailboxes that match the digits pressed.
"That's strange behavior. So this system doesn't have a way to handle multiple matches?"

That's what I'd like to know.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help